Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowhunting Bias

Bowhunting Bias

Hey Walksalot , Firstly your method of operation was to paint most of traditiion bowhunters as being totally incompetent and then back off a little on your comments when confronted . Thus leaving an "I am dissgusted with Tradition Bowhunters " message behind .
    Now you just launch into a full blown traditional bowhunting bashing , Often hi-jacking a thread to do so (I`m guilty on this one) .
    Do the Math , There are many more unfavourable stories in regards to Compound bowhunters compared to Traditional bowhunters for three reasons (1) There are many more Compound bowhunters and (2) Most bowhunters start out the Compound route (I did) . (3) Most Tradies are well past "Must Kill" phase.
    There is a well known Bowhunting Report out in reguards to a Wounding Study at Camp Ridgley in the States that all bowhunters should read (In Particular You Walksalot) . I will try to get the reports summary posted in order to calm our waters a bit.

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab On --
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bowhunting Bias

Greybark, the comments made in the thread you are referring were to answer the totally off the wall comment made by Onesock and I was not the one who initially hi-jacked the thread.

I get sick and tired of these holier than thou traditional bowhunters who think they are God's gift to bowhunting and pureistes to the core.
    If the philosiphy of Onesock is that of all traditional archers I think it is totally undemocratic. What's next Greybark, banning compound and crossbow shooters from hunting in your season.

I stand by my comments about the 3D shoots and the proof of the pudding is the scores at the end of the shoots. You guys point fingers at others when you should be cleaning up your own ranks before you start on anyone elses.

Onesock makes totally off the wall comments and now you have to come to his rescue. Well good on you, he needs all the help he can get.

Hey Walksalot , You were down on Tradies long before Onesock enter the disscussion.
    I posted that I would have some factual information on the various wounding rates of the "trad vs compound" based on actual studies and am working on it.

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Quote Originally Posted by greybark
    Hey Walksalot , You were down on Tradies long before Onesock enter the disscussion.
    I posted that I would have some factual information on the various wounding rates of the "trad vs compound" based on actual studies and am working on it.

Greybark, you are absolutely right. I am down on Tradies as you call them because so many go to traditional equipment totally unaware of the time and commitment to constant practice it takes to be come proficient and remain proficient with traditional tackle. I see some traditional guys on the 3D course and cringe when I hear them talk of going hunting. If they had an ounce of respect for the animals they would be carrying a crossbow.

I would be curious as to who paid to have this factual information on wounding compiled.

I don't need anyone to "rescue" me as you put it Ridesalot. If YOU new the first thing about traditional equipment you would know that 3D shot distances and hunting ranges are two different things,as I said before. Do you think that because there are 50/60 yard shots on a 3D course that you should be taking them whilst hunting? Sadly mistaken if you do! You said you ride a quad because you have an injured knee. It sounds like you participate in 3D shoots on a regular basis, do you ride your quad there?

as i said before, the only traditional bow hunters are the native Indians, or are you guys trying to fill there pants to, HA HA, once this liberal gov bans guns then they will be after bows next, its just a matter of time.and I'm not giving my bow up. and PS i ride a horse into my hunting spots. so what if walksalot uses an ATV, he hunts and sounds like a proud hunter, maybe he cant walk as far as you can, he still hunts.so put a sock in it one sock, it seems like your always looking for an argument. start fighting for us hunters, instead of fighting us!

just a quick note before this gets out of hand. Express all the opinions you guys want to, but keep it civil. I can see some hard feeling developing here. If this gets ignorant or into any serious personal attacks I will lock it up. Nobody has crossed that line yet....lets keep it that way.

Carry on

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

I have walked the 3D course with Walks and really missed it when I couldn't get out this past season. He does ok on those short easy walks but after a while you can see it getting to him. I would go out with him again anytime if he is willing to put up with me! Fred
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Something tells me hunting season is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshtracks
    Something tells me hunting season is over.
    That. And it is election time !