Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 30-30 rounds

Re: 30-30 rounds

serious damage it turns a bad shot into a good shot.

Nothing turns a bad shot into a good shot except practice, practice, practice

serious damage it turns a bad shot into a good shot.
    I too have seen serious damage from shots that where just inside the kill zone. I think its the combo of heavy slow moving soft bullets that dump alot of there energy in the animal giving the cartridge its knock down thump.
    “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- Voltaire

thanks a lot for the help guys. There's some good sounding suggestions here.
    If you don't shoot left you don't shoot right.

Quote Originally Posted by 416 View Post
    I too have seen serious damage from shots that where just inside the kill zone. I think its the combo of heavy slow moving soft bullets that dump alot of there energy in the animal giving the cartridge its knock down thump.

Why don't you invite the Kid Hunter for whitetail hunting this year,and let him use your 3030/20 combo.

I've shot the Winchester 170's from Walmart and they seem to shoot fine although I havn't shot anything but paper with them yet.

Check out Canadian Tire, Good selection & Cheap. 150 yds with a 30:30 is about as far as you would want to shoot. I'd try to stay closer to 100, Good Luck! My first moose was with my 30:30 at 80 yds. Knocked him on his *ss, through the heart, open sights, man was I pumped. One of my first solo hunts.

Pull your head out of your Ass
    long enough to see how stupid you look!!!!!

winchester from walmart about 20 bucks a box , i knock the dust off my old 94 once and awhile , hands down the best bush gun , I have taken deer and bear with mine and never had a problem, I have watched my father take down moose with his , they hit hard

i love my 94, its my backpacking and bush gun, good oldie never once had a problem for me my dad or my grandpa who bought it new in 1950's

[quote=Caveman;503597]150 yds with a 30:30 is about as far as you would want to shoot. I'd try to stay closer to 100 quote]

Yes I agree, I was just saying I'd like something that could shoot further if I needed it but I would prefer to shoot at 20 yards if I could, especially my first time.
    If you don't shoot left you don't shoot right.