Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Worlds !

Re: The Worlds !

I know Sammy had long conversations with the last Group that went to Fita 3D worlds .... I think She is better prepared than the last team (they ..One of my best friends and my first 2 archery instructors made 3 of the 5 person team.... had no clue what to expect) ... I beleive she is well prepared and will do herself proud no matter where the chips fall at the end.

Sammy Babe ..... Hammer em hard!!!!

Side bar of info for people interested ...sorry to Jack the thread a bit Mike
    -----------------
    For those thinking that this is a typical 3D with life sized deer at 40 yards etc... think again .... the averaged sized Target at the last world Championships in Sopran Hungary fit in a normal sized suitcase (Cody Brought one home) and the average shot Cody said was around 50 yrds ... think Fox, Doves, geese Mosquito sized targets at 50 ish but they are differant targets ... manufactured by a euro company ... not Mackenzie/delta Rinehart etc...like we see here in North America. I may be totally wrong about this year I can only speculate what she will see based on the last World Championship (By the way This is a true world world Championship ... not like the IBO worlds that never leave the USA )

Last 3d worlds were the first time a CDN team went ... Cody Draper placed 5th over all in mens compound open, Jude Hooey placed 8th in sr womens compound open , Dennis Hooey placed top 16 for sr mens recurve instinctual,, I apologize to the other 2 gentlemen I cant recall their names at the moment but I know they both placed top 25 in their respective catagories.
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Bow Walker Guest

Good post Mike. Puts things in perspective. I bet Samantha kicks some international butts over there.

Any news yet Old timer?

Dan she is still in Quesnel ! Drives to Seattle today. Doesn't start shooting until next week. Mike
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills

canadian girls kick a$$
    you go girl .show em what canadians are made of eh!!!!!!
    bow bruce
    i didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a friggin vegatarian

Any word yet on how Sam is doing??
    Live to hunt, hunt to live!!!!!

OK Ladies & Gents ...

Here are the first results ...

YAHOO

Day 1 - Qualifying (top 8 advance)

Sam finished 4th (9 x's & 14 10's - total 188 )

the 1st place finisher Croatia scored (6 x's & 17 10's - total 194)
    the 2nd place finisher Sweden scored (10 x's & 17 10's - total 191)
    the 3rd place finisher Russia scored (8 x's & 16 10's - total 189)

one of our other archers from back east was 5th with a score of 186

Sam's email yesterday said her 1st practice session was "ok" and that she was suffering from jet lag fairly badly, but that she was hoping to do better today, I think she did just that.

Tomorrows (~ midnight tonight Thursday) elimination round will consist of the 1st 8 from the qualifying round and it will reduce the field to 4 for the finals the day after.

Once I get todays email I'll update this post.

Way to Go Sam & Lana

Cheers,

Geoff & Judi
    Last edited by quaywe; 09-17-2009 at 02:40 PM.

general Canadian Team update ...

We have 4 people over there.
    3 women in the compound & 1 man in the Barebow

Samantha Wright, Quesnel, BC currently 4th after qualifying - will advance

Lana Perry (back east Ontario I believe) 5th after qualifying - will advance

Shelia Madahbee (back east not sure where) 12th after qualifying - out of competition, too bad Shelia, way to go

Peter Garrett (again back east I think) did not qualify either, still just getting there is an amazing achievement.

Cheers,

Geoff & Judi

Cool Sammy Whaay to Go . Remember what we talked about . Don't Think , Just shoot. We are all Behind you.
    Kelly
    My worst day of Hunting is better than my best day at Work.

Congrats on getting there and good luck!

Oops,
    I was a bit premature,
    The above results are from round 1, round 2 is "still in progress" I'll update as soon as the results "hit the wire".

edit: EVEN BETTER NEWS - see my next post

Still really well done

Cheers,

Geoff & Judi