Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timeouts!!!

Thumbs down Timeouts!!!

What is really pissing me off with this site is the frequency at which the site drops one out. There I am, composing a reply that is not short nor not long and about the time that I go to post, I lose it all because I seem to have timed out. Can this problem be fixed. Log me out after 15 minutes of no activity, not after 5 minutes. The same thing happens if I happen to bounce to another site that I have up and running for a moment and return.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Timeouts!!!

Strange. I have never had that happen ever. And I have walked away with HBC open and come back hours later and its still up.
    A Pine needle falls. An Eagle sees it. A Deer hears it. A Bear smells it

HBC works fine for me, I also have left it open for a long time with no issues.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

I can go to other sites, including hunting ones and never have it happen, just this one. Not all the time mind you , but often enough to rankle me.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    Strange. I have never had that happen ever. And I have walked away with HBC open and come back hours later and its still up.
    x2 for me
    i leave it on all the time and sometimes its been for morning to when i get home from work or even after dinner and it carries right along just fine
    i didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a friggin vegatarian

I'm in the same boat as Jager. There's been a few times when I have actually wrote up a good story, then it times out. Damn near put my fist into the computer a couple times grrrrrr!!!. Oops......need to go to my happy place
    When I shut my mouth and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won......it simply means your stupid a$$ isn't worth any more of my time!

Have not had an issue.....but spink will look into it now as you have posted here.

Is their somthing in the user CP that would limit time? I have never had a problem.
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

never a problem here
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

No issues here either, but it is set to "remember me" when I log in - maybe that's the differance?
    Pretend hunter.