Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crossbow Advice - Excalibur

Re: Crossbow Advice - Excalibur

It comes with a excaliber multiplex scope, dial in fps and you have bulls eyes all the way from 10 to 50 yards it works ,no math to figure ,all you need is a range finder and some ethic's .take clean broadside shots at that range they are super accurate...
    I can tell ya, but you know I' ll be lying to you!!!!

all you need is a range finder and some ethic's

That is why I jumped into the thread. A lot of people, whether it be a vertical or horizontal bow, buy the thing, can get good groups in very little practice. They then go to the field under-equipped (no RFinder) and over confident....They shoot something, maybe recover it, maybe not....Maybe they sell the bow, maybe they learn from their mistakes.....

Practice and the right tools (range finder and ethics) are essential for any sort of stick flingin...
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Yes thats right guys, I should of said MY ethics or perhaps confidence because I haven't shot anything with mine yet but whenever the trajectory of any projectile begins to drop at a rapid rate then maybe the shooter should reconsider. Its like a rifle, isn't it? even though my 3006 will shoot out to lets say 400 yds, I still wouldn't take the shot. The scope is an advantage for sure, with rangefinder, its a must have item I figure but I'm going it without for this year. good thread

Quote Originally Posted by Onesock View Post
    You are not planning on hunting in this years bow season with it are you?
    No.
    I would not feel comfertable. Just like with my gun, practice first.
    Maybe the late bow season in Dec.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

hmmm, have purchased an excaliber vortex 2 months ago. I have bad arms as well as a bad back. I purchased a crankaroo. It screws onto the stock of the cross bow. No effort at all to bring the string into place. Be real carefull unstringing it with it. Cost was $179. Nothing when it saves your back. Remember it's still a bow and your range is no greater because it has a scope. It might even be less than a bow bow as they are very noisy when you shoot and the chances of a deer jumping the string is probably morer when shooting a cross bow. Talked to a person who said shooting at 40 yards was dicey because of this. I am keeping my shots 30 and under. There are some bow seminars that you might want to take.
    Thatskindafunny
    patience, preperation and perseverance

UPDATE !!!

I just received my second email back from Grouse River. They are very good about returning emails.
    They asked for the link and had a look at the special. It was last years model with aluminum arrows.
    Soooooo....NO PRICE MATCH !!!
    They are offering a special on this bow for $700.
    So if you compare apples to apples the difference is..
    -no GST from Labaron
    -carbon arrows from Grouse River
    -cocking aid from G.R. worth $20-30
    The price to get the bow here and buy carbon arrows and cocking aid would most likely be only about a $50 difference.
    I'LL BUY LOCAL !

As I like to say....It never hurts to ask.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

Keep hammering them maybe there can be more deals made on some 15% off broadheads and feild points or some more bolts ,keep on asking don't be shy
    I can tell ya, but you know I' ll be lying to you!!!!

i have the new ten point and love it

I just deleted 5 post as I'm not a big fan of haggling a price down between a sponsor and another competitor who's not even a sponsor on the site in the forums. If you want to try and get a good deal then do it in private not in the open forums for everyone to see.

Anyone advertising their business besides sponsors in the forums will have their post deleted and if it continues I will have their privileges revoked.

Read the forum guidelines before you post.

Marc.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    I just deleted 5 post as I'm not a big fan of haggling a price down between a sponsor and another competitor who's not even a sponsor on the site in the forums. If you want to try and get a good deal then do it in private not in the open forums for everyone to see.

Anyone advertising their business besides sponsors in the forums will have their post deleted and if it continues I will have their privileges revoked.

Read the forum guidelines before you post.

Marc.
    This is why I never gave a price or even left a phone number, all I did was dropped a name of the store a put forth some ideas. I didnt get into a price war I just mentioned to look us up and give me a ring and that I was willing to " tidy up our price " If thats so bad sorry !!!