Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crossbow Advice - Excalibur

Bow Walker Guest

Re: Crossbow Advice - Excalibur

Regardless of the price match you'll be far better off dealing locally.

all I know is .. In 2006 I got a bow from Texas (Hoyt Pro-Tec w/3000 limbs) dude Valued it at 700 USD .... UPS charged me 227 bucks brokerage ...

long short .. we traded bows straight across ...I shipped mine the day after he shipped his ... I sent mine post office ... he got my bow the day before I got his ...

the Moral : Not only is UPS stupid expensive ...its slower than Canada and US Post
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Quote Originally Posted by 300H&H View Post
    Well I've got a email in to Grouse River requesting a price match with LaBaron. They should be getting back to me Monday.
    Thanks for all the info.
    let us know how that works out for ya I don't think you will be disappointed at least with some percentage off goodluck
    I can tell ya, but you know I' ll be lying to you!!!!

Thumbs down Re: Crossbow Advice - Excalibur

You are not planning on hunting in this years bow season with it are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Onesock View Post
    You are not planning on hunting in this years bow season with it are you?
    WHY NOT ITS A CROSSBOW NOT A BOW!
    THEY HAVE SCOPES THAT ALLOW FOR TRAJECTORY AND POUNDAGE
    NOT MUCH DIFFERANT THAN AIMING A RIFLE
    A FEW HOURS PRACTICE AND I BET YOULD BE GETTING VERY GOOD GROUPS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    all I know is .. In 2006 I got a bow from Texas (Hoyt Pro-Tec w/3000 limbs) dude Valued it at 700 USD .... UPS charged me 227 bucks brokerage ...

long short .. we traded bows straight across ...I shipped mine the day after he shipped his ... I sent mine post office ... he got my bow the day before I got his ...

the Moral : Not only is UPS stupid expensive ...its slower than Canada and US Post
    I agree, I'll never have antthing sent UPS again, I dont need it if it is, last experience cost me just as much if I had bought it local, oh, then they lost it, 5 weeks later it came, my fault I should have known to buy local.

Roebuck, a few hours and your set up with your crossbow, the rest is experience. I looked at the Ibex, it seemed nice, easier to cock, but the equinox is rated for 45 fps faster, I just spent a few more bucks to get a faster bow.

Yeah Id Love A Crossbow But Cant Afford The One I Want At Mo?
    Would A Women Be Able To Cock A Equinox With A Cocking Aid?
    As My Wife Would Use It Also!

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    We have sold a tone of these things, if your not grouping within 8" with a rest out to 60 yards I will give you your money back !!!! If you use a range finder this fall you will hit the mark. These bow's are deadley accurate and if you know your range your good to go !!! We shoot them of a bench when sighting them in and you will shoot hole for hole out to 30 yrds. A cocking aid can realy make a difference as well as it cocks the bow center every time.
    appose to pulling to hard with one hand and having it just of center and that will contribute to down range grouping opening up.
    Hardcore Archery Shop
    Kelowna, Bc.
    If it was only that easy to put a stalk on a critter...

How about practicing to be come competent with your weapon of choice, no matter what it is..????
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

.........................................? Need anything else be said?

Roebuck, the heavier bows can be cocked fairly easy with a cocking aid, with that said and not knowing how strong or determined your wife is, it could be to much for her, I can do it, I'm 200 lbs, but you can sure feel it, thats why they make the Ibex, go try em. I know women that can beat me in an arm wrestle.

60 yds seems a little far, depends on how a hunters ethics are, at 40 yds the equinox drops about 16in, so its not to hard to figure the math.