Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has a good knife?

Devilbear Guest

Re: Who has a good knife?

That "Kerr" knife is a beauty and the style is what I prefer for most uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadshot View Post
    Broke mine twice, sent them both in for a free replacement. Through Hub in Abby.
    I wouldn't consider that a good endorsement.

i have a ruko muelay and i adore it. it is an extremly sharp knife.
    Trout slayer

I'm on a grohmann with a stag handle. It's my second. The first one I gave to my hunting buddy. No problems with the steel holding an edge.

I have used a folding Buck knife for the last 13 years and it has been a great knife. I can easily get through 2 deer without sharpening. ( maybe a light touch-up on a steel after the first deer)

I am excited to say that this year My youngest son will have that knife on his belt and I will be using the custom blade Ddog made me. Although I can't yet comment on how it holds an edge (even though I'm sure it will hold amazing) the craftsmanship in his knives are exceptional. And he is far beyond a fair guy to deal with. I would highly recommend to anyone looking at a new knife to at least send him a pm first. It can't hurt and you may be very surprised at what you can get for your money.
    A Pine needle falls. An Eagle sees it. A Deer hears it. A Bear smells it

Quote Originally Posted by lunatic View Post
    The one I am using was about $300. I wish it had the orange handle. I just about lost it last fall when I was skinning my elk and misplaced it
    These are the ones I have, I checked on the web site they are still a $100.00. The most expensive one is $175.00...better talk to your Cutco salesperson

I used and still have a Bob Charlton had made Damascus steel knife that is by far the best I've ever owened. Like good ol Devil Bear I've tried many, both hand made and factory and many are garbage. Although I did at one time have a Puma deer hunter model folding blade that was decent. One of the best by far for the price was the old Mora Skinner, red wood handle, easy to find, cheap black plastic sheath, easy to sharpen and only cost $4.99

I always carry my old buck and an exacto knife with blades. always a sharp edge and great for skinning, try it and you will never look back.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkymacker View Post
    These are the ones I have, I checked on the web site they are still a $100.00. The most expensive one is $175.00...better talk to your Cutco salesperson

I went and checked again. It was 300 "safety points" through work. So yeah, about $150 as 1 point is about 50 cents.
    When I shut my mouth and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won......it simply means your stupid a$$ isn't worth any more of my time!

Quote Originally Posted by lunatic View Post
    I went and checked again. It was 300 "safety points" through work. So yeah, about $150 as 1 point is about 50 cents.
    I was just giving you a bad time... Actually I called the Cutco guy and I he is coming in on Monday! I am going to send one away for sharpening and pick up another one in case that one does not get back in time for hunting. My theory is knives are like guns....you can never have too many!