Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Women's Sleeping Bags

Re: Women's Sleeping Bags

Hello Dirty
    Sleeping bags are a topic all to themselves.It's just like asking what make of rifle should I buy.She has to try them out first,throw it on the store floor and get into the bag.Does she have enough room width wise?Is it long enough?What is the bag temperature rating?Cold sleeping people are just that,if she is she will need a warmer bag.Get one that you can open at the bottom for ventalation.Rectangular bags are roomy but you sacrifice warmth,mummy bags probably offer the best for warmth but if she moves around a lot in her sleep she will not be comfortable,Talk to a salesperson that lives in a sleeping bag ie.lot's of time in the out doors.I bought a Taiga semi rectangular down bag with Gortex outer shell about 20+ years ago it's awesome,but way too warm for late spring and summer. They were made in Vancouver, do not know if they still are.There are many good manufacturers out there.You get what you pay for!Just my two cents worth
    Arctic Lake

Devilbear Guest

A "Taigaworks" bag and I HAVE used their gear, back about '81-'82, is to an Integral Designs bag, much as a Yugo is to a Lexus.

In 45+ years of very active camping all over BC, much of Alberta and some other places and spending 6-7 months in bags ever year for much of that time, plus selling bags for a living, I have seen a lot and my suggestions are based on that.

Here in Vancouver, the majority of gear sales-persons are low-paid kids who have NO real bush experience and have never even heard of Valandre, PHD or any of the top gear makers. So, taking advice from an MEC or Taiga or CMS staffer is a gamble, to put it mildly.

NOBODY today is making a synthetic bag(s) equal to Integral Designs, nobody and the cost of these is not excessive, relative to the use one can get from them. You do, in fact, ...get what you pay for...

But, what IS most important, is that each person is happy with what THEY choose/use and, if, a Taiga bag is what an individual likes, great, I liked some of their older gear very much and found them pleasant to deal with....more so than certain other stores in the Greater Vancouver area.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
    All women are cold, your should know that!

I am Muslim. I married this one on a date that ruins sheep hunting and married the other on a date that ruins the muley rut. Talk about planning. At least I can stone them if the piss me off.
    This makes sense. Instead of giving the outlaws some livestock (sheep/goats) per tradition you just don't go hunting.

Sounds fair...................

Be sure to let me know when you sell your hunting gear.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela