Thread: Replacement calks for calk boots

Replacement calks for calk boots

Needing some replacement calks for some calk boots.

The steel originals didn't last that long.......scampering over rocks with some gravel road miles too. I see that Hoffman boots carries both standard calks and cer-mex calks.
    Whats the diff between these two?

What calk options are out there and where to purchase?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Replacement calks for calk boots

Viberg boots in Victoria or Ono Trading in Nanaimo.
    BCWF
    WSSOBC-Life Member

Cer-mex are much better in my opinion. Don't know where to get them in your area, maybe "Mark's"???. Champ Logger caulks go dull very quickly, whereas the cer-mex stay sharp for a long time. Eventually the hardened cores fall out and you have to replace 1 or 2 over each boot. I wear caulks most days at work, and only replace 5-10 caulks per year total. Spend the extra bit of $$$, it's worth it.
    Patiently waiting here on my roof for the mob of Zombies. Can't wait!!!

cer mec do last way longer. not quite as sharp thou. have to watch it when you first put them in till you get used to them. they don't like steep, hard green hemlock butts with the bark off. make damn sure you never sieze them before installing especially in rubbers. there in there so long that if you don't you'll just end up spinning the receptical. when you go to change them.
    FULLY AUTOMATIC MANURE FLINGER

x2 what Kyle said. If you don't put some sort of "anti-seize" on them by the time they wear out and you want to change them you'll end up stripping out the inserts in your boots. They do last a long time but are never 'sticky' sharp which some guys like.