Thread: Folding Boats

Folding Boats

Hello all.

Just wondering if anyone has had some experience with these folding boats.
    My hunting partner and I went into an area a few years ago for moose. Well it just so happened MANY of the BIGGER bulls were on the other side of the lake. Now since it was a fly in trip I figured the best way to access is with a folding boat. It just seems that Zodiacs are pretty heavy and do not fit through the door of a beaver with ease. Any size of Zodiac recommended or past size experiences??
    Any help or input would be great.
    44inchStone

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Folding Boats

My Dad and I used one to cross a lake for a backpack hunt a few years ago.With 2 of us plus our fairly heavy backpacks it was a pretty sketchy load.Thankfully it was nice and calm and not to far.You could pack some moose meat ( 200 lbs? ) or so per trip with it.Probably get more in a Zodiac.The port a boat is a slick little unit though.
    kenny
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.

Re: Folding Boats

Folds up into about the size of a suitcase, floorboards included. 2 guys, moose, gear, zodiac/motor/tank, set of antlers no problem at all in a beaver. Could do 2 moose boned out depending on the water avail.

Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela