Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you wear camo (fully)

Re: Do you wear camo (fully)

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb
    I was still hunting the other day and walked right up to a bedded doe, so close that I could have kicked her in the butt. She stood up and stared at me for at least 10 minutes while I kept my body still, but my head was moving and had no camo. I'm convinced that the camo at least breaks up your outline enough in heavy brush for a deer not to realize what you are. Interestingly, I was wearing zero cover scents, and was not using any of the fancy scent-lock clothes, heck I even showered using regular soap that morning. Makes me think maybe worrying about your scent might be over-rated. She never was bothered by me and walked off 5 yards and bedded back down.
    Good observation. Yes scent is highly overrated. You are right any old soap bar will do what matters is that the body is clean and so are the clothing. With what product you wash is not important.

As for camouflage it does help to break up the outline. That is why many of the modern camouflage patterns such as realtree and mossy oak don't work so well. A animal can see the outline, a dark blob that is not belonging there. Proper camouflage will let you get away with movement, what good is it to have a camouflage and a deer in front of you but being not able to move. Good camouflage lets you move a bit and still not being detected by the animal.

I never belived in camouflage that uses bits of bark, tree branches and such stuff. If that would be a good camouflage then animals would use it too. But in nature the best camouflage patterns are shades of light and dark with a brown base colour. In India where I researched tigers we always had a hard time seeing the tigers because they are perfect camouflaged and some of these tigers where only a few feet away from us, talk about a rush. It is exactly that what I found when I researched Camouflage what works so well with ASAT and Predator they camouflage like nature does it.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

Alrighty, I think I am going to pick up a camo/blaze vest at wallymart.
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thumbs down Re: Do you wear camo (fully)

Quote Originally Posted by lcpaintballer
    Do you guys wear the blaze at all?
    I have never put the bright stuff on when hunting. You see i hunt allmost all the time in a remote area,,i get very nervice when i do see a nother hunter to this day,,if i do see a hunter i exit the area reall fast. The reason being is years back when you were allowed to hunt hump back rd ,,just off sooke rd,,me and 2 other buddies were hunting there back in 1965 and my other best buddy shot my other best friend,,,he died in my arms in a few minites,,his last words he said to me is im hit perty good waynethats why i like to hunt in remote areas buy myself were i don't run into any other hunter,,i still have shivers go up my back after 40 years hunting when i see a nother hunter hunting where i am hunting. hunter 1947.

sorry to hear about your friend...thats a shame..

All in serous , when hunting the bush use you'r head guys and wear some bright color , so no one ever has to go through what hunter1947 did..

Thats awful Wayne, can't even imagine.

On the other hand, if you identify your target first with binos this would never happen.

Exclamation Re: Do you wear camo (fully)

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound
    Thats awful Wayne, can't even imagine.

On the other hand, if you identify your target first with binos this would never happen.
    You are so right elk hound,,,never put your gun on a hunter ,,,,,for scoping him or her out ,,,,use your bonoculars. Thats what happened to my friend back then ,,it all came out latter in court my other friend was scoping him out saying now if this was a deer i would have him down,,,,,if i had been there with my other friend that was scoping out my other friend i would have taken his gun away,,,,,,,,but i was 50 feet lower then him,,,i did not see what he was doing,,,,,,,,,,he thought the safty was on but it the gun was on fire and he pulled the triggerhunter 1947.

Thats real bad. I was taught to carry bincos, and I have/will always. I just dont want to go into the bush and be fired at. So I am seriously thinking about getting that camo/blaze vest at wal-mart (if they have any left).

Also; id your target, and know what is behind it.
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Bow Walker Guest

I wear the camo that I can afford. Namely BDU pants, over-jacket, goves and hat. I have recently shelled out for a brownish type camo jacket and gloves at Cdn Tire. I think it is Realtree or something.

But I believe that the BDU colors blend better in our environment than just about any other. Except, possibly, ASAT.

1947 - nothing against any of your buddies but...................I gotta say this...

Anybody dumb enough to pull the trigger when sighting on another person deserves to have to live with it the rest of his life (may it be long). I hope that it bothers him at least half as much as it bothers me!

Please tell us that this guy has been forbidden to own guns, hunt, or otherwise be out and about with anything resembling a lethal weapon!!?

Quote Originally Posted by BowWalker
    Please tell us that this guy has been forbidden to own guns, hunt, or otherwise be out and about with anything resembling a lethal weapon!!?
    Yeah really.
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by BowWalker
    I wear the camo that I can afford. Namely BDU pants, over-jacket, goves and hat. I have recently shelled out for a brownish type camo jacket and gloves at Cdn Tire. I think it is Realtree or something.

But I believe that the BDU colors blend better in our environment than just about any other. Except, possibly, ASAT.

1947 - nothing against any of your buddies but...................I gotta say this...

Anybody dumb enough to pull the trigger when sighting on another person deserves to have to live with it the rest of his life (may it be long). I hope that it bothers him at least half as much as it bothers me!

I have not seen him or talked to this old friend sence that time back in 65. I don't no if he is dead or alive????and i don't no were he is. hunter 1947.