Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you wear camo (fully)

fozzy is offline hunting 4 a decent Mulie

Re: Do you wear camo (fully)

I wear full camo. If I'm sitting on post for a while I wear a mesh covering my face too ( ya I'm that ugly) Skin shines in the sun. I always get my deer close, yet to shoot one even 75 yards away. Whenever I spot a deer just stop and try not to even blink. I blinked at a doe this year that was curious and real close, she didn't like that
    So camo works for me and use the wind to your advantage as well.

I always wear camo, especially in a tree stand. Gettin all geared up in my camo gets me stoked for the day.

When I'm in the hood (Newton), I wear cammo; a hoody, drag ass jeans, and a doo-rag.
    -in the bush I wear what ever the weather dictates, but I always wear a blaze orange vest. I tried the full cammo gear while hunting for moose outside of Hixon.
    -I'm not a fan of having jerks on the opposite ridge spotting me with their rifle scopes, I have an aversion to firearms being pointed at me.
    -I've walked up on animals wearing blaze, so I don't view wearing it as a liability. On the other hand my cheap brother was wearing a safety vest from his place of employment, the reflective strips weren't a wise choice.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdoog
    -I've walked up on animals wearing blaze, so I don't view wearing it as a liability. On the other hand my cheap brother was wearing a safety vest from his place of employment, the reflective strips weren't a wise choice.
    I was thinking of wearing a safety vest when we go walking through the bush while we have camo on. The blaze/camo jackets are expensive.
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm usually head to to camo, but just cheap stuff. A XXL fleece hooded jacket I wear over whatever layers I need to keep warm, and a pair of US army surplus forest camo pants. Often I'll skip the camo pants though... I agree with hunter1947 - movement is a far bigger problem than how much you look like a bush (or not) - though I still like to look a little bushy.
    "...the truth will make you free." John 8:32

I was still hunting the other day and walked right up to a bedded doe, so close that I could have kicked her in the butt. She stood up and stared at me for at least 10 minutes while I kept my body still, but my head was moving and had no camo. I'm convinced that the camo at least breaks up your outline enough in heavy brush for a deer not to realize what you are. Interestingly, I was wearing zero cover scents, and was not using any of the fancy scent-lock clothes, heck I even showered using regular soap that morning. Makes me think maybe worrying about your scent might be over-rated. She never was bothered by me and walked off 5 yards and bedded back down.

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson

Probably about 50% of the time.
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947
    I have just started to put camo on in the last few years,,the reason why i have is because someone give it to me. You see it is your movement that will give you away,,if you don't move and freeze,,the animal will look at you but sees nothing moving so they don't no your danger to them,,or don't no what you are. One year i had a tripple reed elk dieafram in my mouth calling in a big bull elk,,this elk just kept coming towardes me he was 30 feet from me when i got up from the crouch position and moved ,,he took off like a bullet. camo is an ok thing to were,,but i never have had much doing with it. hunter 1947.
    One more thing that i did not put in this staytment,,,,camo does help hide you as a person in the hunting field,,,if you do happen to move a small amount the animal won't pick your movement up as fast as if you had a red vest or other typ clouthing on. I always hunt into wind,,allways checking the wind,,i have a small bottle of down felt fethers in a bottle and i tie it with thred on the end of a stick to see whitch way the wind is going,,,but then that doesen't allways help,,,the wind is allways changing directions,,,,,but the thred it does help me out alot of times, hunter 1947.

Sometimes but I tend to wear my wool alot more.
    If you're going to find tracks you better make tracks!

Do you guys wear the blaze at all?
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ