Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Do you wear camo (fully)

Re: Do you wear camo (fully)

Quote Originally Posted by lcpaintballer
    I think most people wear the blaze for personal protection. If others can see you then they wouldnt/shouldnt be shooting at you. Its beter to be seen the not.

I wear my balze vest for personal protection.
    I try to hunt in remote areas most of the time,,so i just wear normal colors wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by lcpaintballer
    I think most people wear the blaze for personal protection. If others can see you then they wouldnt/shouldnt be shooting at you. Its beter to be seen the not.

I wear my balze vest for personal protection.
    Don't miss the point that I made....in the wrong light blaze orange just makes you look like a light patch...and usually a moving one...which makes you not only very visible to other hunters but also doesn't 'show your colours' !! Danger...warning...pay attention...

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckShooter
    Don't miss the point that I made....in the wrong light blaze orange just makes you look like a light patch...and usually a moving one...which makes you not only very visible to other hunters but also doesn't 'show your colours' !! Danger...warning...pay attention...
    I agree with CanuckShooter on this one I can't count the amount of times I had someoen put their scope on me back east while out hunting. You almost felt like yyou were being hunted. If I saw another hunter I'd hunker down behind some evergreens and wait for the other hunter to pass.

We've got enough woods in BC that we can space ourselves out and make sure of our targets before pulling the trigger. I think people take more time to identify their targets in BC because of the fact that full camo is allowed.

Some hunter back east have the mentality that if it's not blaze orange then it must be an animal. I'd be curious to see what percentage of accidents for provinces with blaze orange to those without it.

Marc.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

I cannot fathom the sheer stupidity required to point your gun at an unidentified moving object in the bush or to even think about pointing the gun with any distance of a human and shooting.

Thats what brains and binoculars are for. Sadly it seems many hunters don't know how to use either.

2 years ago hunting in region 7 we spotted a smaller 4 point muley buck... we stopped and I put the spotting scope on him through the window called the 4 points and then BOOM the little buck hit the ground like a sack of Sh*t... A hunter from across the field decided to dump it while we were right there...

= Big Time IDIOT!

I like Hunter1947's take... Go remote and spend the time to get into the places that the other hunters will not go. It's much nicer hunting.

Happy Hunting
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteys
    I cannot fathom the sheer stupidity required to point your gun at an unidentified moving object in the bush or to even think about pointing the gun with any distance of a human and shooting.

Thats what brains and binoculars are for. Sadly it seems many hunters don't know how to use either.

2 years ago hunting in region 7 we spotted a smaller 4 point muley buck... we stopped and I put the spotting scope on him through the window called the 4 points and then BOOM the little buck hit the ground like a sack of Sh*t... A hunter from across the field decided to dump it while we were right there...

= Big Time IDIOT!

I like Hunter1947's take... Go remote and spend the time to get into the places that the other hunters will not go. It's much nicer hunting.

Happy Hunting
    Carl
    Hi there Bigwhiteys,,did this person see you people when he decided to take down this deer,,,,sometimes you don't see a nother hunter when this happens????????.then if he did see you and did this kind of thing,,,he this person is not much of a hunter hunter 1947.

When hunting in our area in the North Tompson, we can always tell when a hunter is up from the coast by their camo outfits. Pretty well no-one local wears it, they just wear wool etc. I've had a deer walk up to about 10 feet from me when I was wearing a bright yellow polar fleece jacket. I was still but the only thing she was suspicious about was that you could see my breath since it was cold out.

Quote Originally Posted by steel_ram
    It's humorous how many road hunters wear camo. How many big fat bushes do you see driving a PU truck or riding a quad.

I still like my old woolies, however most of the new fangled hunting clothing only comes in some sort of camo.
    Has it ever occured to anyone the atv is means of transport?? I'm not stopping to change every time i wish to walk along a slash or wander off in the tree line to appease some crud spewing holyer than thou jerk who thinks his way is the only way.
    Why do you assume that if you see someone in a truck or on a quad during hunting season that they are road hunters what ever that means, I'm damn sure that if ol ram steel had tag and 6x6 elk presented it self at the road side he'ld turn it down cause it was road hunting....yeah right, I wonder how do you get where your going o rightious one? is it on winged steed? Time to decide.... are you a hunter like each and every one of us?
    or are you a god in your own little mind ?
    Yes i wear head to toe camo in pickup as leave to go hunting I still have it on when i unload my quad i don't change to ride to where i'm going and i don't drive home naked.

Ps I don't like narrow minded people you do it your way i'll do it mine were doing the same damn thing (within the limits of the law) in the end anyway.
    Some of us are born into greatness, some have it thrust upon them.......I've had to scratch and claw to achieve mediocraty

Citizens own firearms, subjects don't

Depends on the hunting your doing in a truck doesn't make sense, but in the bush on the ground changes everything. Most of the time I will wear it because I enjoy hunting in the bush rather than a vehicle and I admit movement means everything to deer but I think camo can give you that little extra advantage.

Rainwater Guest

You can where all the camo you want but if you don't cover your face you may as well not wear it.

I wear full camo since I need every possible advantage I can get. It's also handy when I am hunting areas where people walk their dogs, ride horses, etc. since I can just hunker down and they walk right by. Saves the bother of confrontations.