Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Was your 2005 Bowhunting season a sucess?

Re: Was your 2005 Bowhunting season a sucess?

Nothing yet, I should have taken that meat doe a few weeks back. Theres still Texada till Jan 15th.
    Todd

Myself and my 2 hunting partners managed to take 3 whitetail does and 2 small whitetail bucks and one huge muley buck 5x4 in the late bow season in the okanagan. We tend to try to save our tags for the bow season as we all enjoy harvesting deer with the bow.Here is my brothers last minute buck taken with the crossbow.

Here is My 2 bow deer for the season , kept holding out for a decent Blacktail and let a few good ones walk past, who knows still a couple days left.
    Last edited by Jetboater; 12-16-2005 at 03:04 PM.

one elk, and three deer down, farthest shot was under 20 yards,
    5 shots and 4 kills..missed a bobcat

Bow Walker Guest

Hunted every chance that I could. Only took my bow - newest and bestest toy (5 yrs)

Results? Bupkis, zilch, epis, nada, you get the idea.

I had some great days in the bush and do not regret my results for this year. Although I am looking forward to next season with great anticipation. Yup!

Wow, awesome pictures. And the other sucessful hunters without photos, where are they? I did manage to arrow a nice 4x4 mulie that was measured at 144" from a tree stand and passed on another 4x4 mulie that would have gone 110-115". I found the late bow season very tough with little buck movement. Oh well, there's couger and wolves to hunt next.

Kirby, nice buck. What did he score? Just out of curiosity, your picture has BOWZONE labelled on the bottom. Does that mean your picture belongs to them once you submit it? Personally I have a few P&Y trophies and I won't submit the pictures to any site that labels them with their logo. If you go to other websites such as Hoyt, their photos that were submitted and displayed does't have the Hoyt logo on it. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

Tim

Timbow, he taped out at 183" and change gross, and netted 178 7/8. The reason Bowzone appears at the bottom is I have it linked to their gallery, just like when pictures are hosted here. I do have photobucket account, that doesn't do the water mark, just haven't bothered posting pics there. Kinda advertisment for the site.

Kirby
    Huuked on foniks wurked fur me

Quote Originally Posted by StoneChaser
    Biggest problem with a debate on ethics is the simple fact that ethics are like underwear...everybody has 'em, but some are a little shittier than others

Got my bear again this fall. Didn't buy a tag for deer this year. Guided a fella from Washington to a nice moose with a longbow. Good year so far for me.
    If you're going to find tracks you better make tracks!

got a doe and tagged a spike from 8 feet in the last hour of the season, just couldn't hold out any longer.

I spent my late bowhunting trying for a nice buck that was in the area. The net, net is I have nothing to flavour the tatters.