Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random wildlife pics. Fort St James area.

Random wildlife pics. Fort St James area.

43 kilometre on the Cunningham FSR. Came around the corner and momma went to one side, the calf to the other. I stopped the truck, momma came back out, looked around, then the calf crossed the road to her and they disappeared.

And a pair of spawning sockeye in Bivouac Creek on the west side of Takla Lake. A long long way from the ocean.
    Last edited by demlake; 07-30-2009 at 06:57 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Random wildlife pics. Fort St James area.

cool pics. got any more?

Nice pics.....
    KEEP SHOOTING OR SHOOT A BIG GUN!!!!
    IF YOU DON'T HUNT YOU AINT RIGHT IN THE HEAD!!!!!!!!!
    A SCREAMING ELK THERE'S NOTHIN BETTER!!!!!!
    KNOW WHEN TO KEEP THE WIFE OUT OF MY HUNTING SPOTS !!!!!!!!!!

markgb98 Guest

the moose, right around grassham? we hunted up there for a week last year and didn't see a track but talk to quite a few guys that had gotten theres off the lake. nice pics hope to see more

Yep, just north of the Grassham turn-off.

I've seen a few moose near there this year. (I drive up there every couple of weeks.)

A few bear too, including a very large black bear just a few clicks up the road. Couldn't get the camera out in time for that one. Maybe next time.

A couple more:

A coyote near Dolphin Lake. I'm seeing a few animals, but this was the only one that stuck around for the camera.

Looking west toward Takla Lake on the Leo Creek FSR.

Quote Originally Posted by demlake View Post
    A couple more:

A coyote near Dolphin Lake. I'm seeing a few animals, but this was the only one that stuck around for the camera.

Looking west toward Takla Lake on the Leo Creek FSR.
    Nice picts

Getting to see a yote is becoming a rareity up there. We used to see 6-8 yotes in a day while working, but they have slowly dwindled down due to wolves. Last couple years was lucky to see one a year. We would hunt them on the lake, but it got to be quite slow and we would always hear the wolves howling instead.

That section must be the old leao from the driftwood to the 300 rd. Sure is grown in. That mountain in the background has some good goats on it. Just a bit of a hike in, but worth it.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

If that's the section of the Leo I remember from when I was a kid, it is really really grown in!! Nice shots, big sockeye!

Yep, everyone uses the 300 road now, and it's the only one that's maintained.

So the section from 68 km through to the 300 is pretty bumpy, but a nice drive.

I see the odd coyote, but never more than one a day. Lots of grouse, no more porcupine or skunk, lots of black bears, some moose and deer.

Fewer moose and deer lately, I guess because of the heat. Things have cooled off now, so hopefully they'll start moving again. Season starts this week.

Is the Road upto Lovell still open. When I worked for BC Rail I was an Engineer up there off and on for quite a few Years.
    My worst day of Hunting is better than my best day at Work.