Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sighting in my .270win

Re: Sighting in my .270win

Quote Originally Posted by lcpaintballer
    Wel I am going to make a trip to the range possibly next weekend and sight this rifle in, Im going to sight it in at 25 yards then move to 100 yards.
    I have found this works well:

Allowing for the amount the scope is above the bore line you want it to shoot about one inch low at 25 yards to get you close at 100.
    I am away April 27, 28, 29 and unable to respond to PM's
    . . . . .If I don't respond to your postings, maybe it is because you are on my "IGNORE" list
    . . . . . . . . . . . . I don't see the garbage you write. It's a wonderful tool

I bought a remington model 710 in 7mm a couple of years ago.... Mine was a decent shooter with 1" groups or better at 100 yrds. I had to get a better scope though, the one that came with it wouldn't hold its zero. One day its dead on the next its off a mile, figuratively speaking of course! But I have shot 3 moose with it all with one ashot kills to the neck. I hope you enjoy your new firearm!

Alright, Ill keep that in mind for next time guntech.

Accuracy-freak; If thats the case for my rifle, I have a .22 scope (same power) sitting in my closet. I just want the thing it be sighted in.
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Talking Re: Sighting in my .270win

I'll bet most animals that are shot could not even tell if they were hit with Remington Model 710 or a fancy super-sub-MOA custom rifle!!
    ...shoot straight and shoot high.......

Just curious as to what SUB-MOA stands for?
    Hunting is like crack, it's just as addictive but more expensive!

Lightbulb Re: Sighting in my .270win

MOA = minute of angle

basically means 1" groups at 100 yards

2" groups at 200 yards

5" groups at 500 yards

etc

etc

"If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Thanks for the info.
    Hunting is like crack, it's just as addictive but more expensive!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsmoke
    I'll bet most animals that are shot could not even tell if they were hit with Remington Model 710 or a fancy super-sub-MOA custom rifle!!
    Well as of right now my rifle is shooting 8 inches to the right. So I dont think I will be hitting anything being off 8 inches.
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsmoke
    Gotta hit it first...

And if your bolt falls out or seizes when you are attempting to chamber a round, or if your gun won't chamber your factory ammo, then it get's difficult.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Do not use the .22 Scope at all it will not take the recoil of you'r rifle ... For around a $150 bux look into the Bushnell Dusk to Dawn series there a awesome scope for the money , since is x-mas soon also the Elite series are worth checking out ... Just Boar site like i told you at 25yrds , line it up a few Inches High and then try at 100yrds do the adjustments and make her about 2" high so then 250yrds will be easy!!! Good luck.