Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: smoked samon???

Re: smoked samon???

Wear is this recipie forums Marc????. hunter 1947
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Talking Re: smoked samon???

Yes Marc that would be a good idea ,,,send it if you whant to that forum,,hunter 1947.

The names aren't familiar .I gilnetted in the 70's and bought and ran seiners and halibut longliners after that . I sold and retired in 2000.
    Pull the trigger all the way back.

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson

I will bet you guys know the Smith Boy's! Nig and Sid? Tony, Wayne. I am Sid and Nig's brother-in-law (married their sister). Sid had the Northern Dawn, and Nig has the Karenora. tony and Wayne are my Nephews.
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947
    You face all towards 12oc with the skin towards 6oc,,,no water added. Cover each lare of the fish you put in your tub one quarter inch with your brine,,then put the next on top of the other,,keep doing this till you have them all done with the final lare covered with a quarter of an inch of brine.. hunter 1947.
    Does this look correct?

BRINE:

Mix together good:

1 cup of rock salt.
    4 cups of Demerara sugar.
    1/2 cup of Teriyaki sauce.
    6 garlic cloves chopped up fine like salt.
    1/2 cup of red wine and 1/4 cup of Soya Sauce.

Place a row of fish in a large roasting pan, meat facing up - skin down, then cover with 1/4 inch of brine, then another layer and brine and continue till it is all in the pan with a final layer of brine on top.

Let it set for 10 hours and then take out the fish and wash the pieces clean with cold water.

Smoke for 6 or 7 hours….
    I am away April 27, 28, 29 and unable to respond to PM's
    . . . . .If I don't respond to your postings, maybe it is because you are on my "IGNORE" list
    . . . . . . . . . . . . I don't see the garbage you write. It's a wonderful tool

Quote Originally Posted by guntech
    Does this look correct?

BRINE:

Mix together good:

1 cup of rock salt.
    4 cups of Demerara sugar.
    1/2 cup of Teriyaki sauce.
    6 garlic cloves chopped up fine like salt.
    1/2 cup of red wine and 1/4 cup of Soya Sauce.

Place a row of fish in a large roasting pan, meat facing up - skin down, then cover with 1/4 inch of brine, then another layer and brine and continue till it is all in the pan with a final layer of brine on top.

Let it set for 10 hours and then take out the fish and wash the pieces clean with cold water.

Smoke for 6 or 7 hours….
    Yes,,you got it,,,i just had some of my smoked samon right now and it is a little on the salty side,,,do your brine the way i told you if you like it a little on the salty side,,,but if you like it more on the sugar side ,,then add 5 sugar to one salt,, it all depends on how you like it???. hunter 1947.

I fished along side Sid and Nig and the boys lots seining. Fished Halibut around Sid lots also

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by bogman
    I fished along side Sid and Nig and the boys lots seining. Fished Halibut around Sid lots also
    'Ol Sid is far from Canada these days as you may well know, in Uraguay fishing Chilean Seabass. I miss the guy and so does my wife as they are very close. I figure we have not hijacked this thread as it is about salmon and we are taking about salmon fishermen.
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!

Ok well I'll get us back on the Smoked salmon track. Mine is in the mix as we speak. A few hours in there. a few days in the smoke house, and HEHAW BABY enough Queen Charlotte Spring Salmon lox for another year. I hope more makes it to the vacumn packer this year than last. I still have a belly ache , but a good ache

Well the lox came out of the house yesterday. I was a little nervous this year as I moved to the Okanogan and smoking with different wood and climate but I have too say it is the best I have ever done. I used straight cherry wood and what a great sweet taste it left in the fish. On the coast my smoking process can take 5or6 days depending on weather. Up here it was ready in 3 1/2 days ,I couldn't believe it. Anyways lots for friends at xmas and enough to add a few pounds to the mid section . Hope you all have a great xmas and good hunting next season.