Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found this in a rainbow, Anyone know what it is?

Found this in a rainbow, Anyone know what it is?

So I was out fishing on the weekend July 11 and 12th. We were fishing in the Columbia River and had a great weekend ,caught lots of fish.After the sun went down we filleted one rainbow for dinner.Half way threw my meal I noticed this in the meat.It is about 2to3mm in diameter and about 10mm long.It looks as though there is some sort of copper windeing inside?

Any body know what it is?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Found this in a rainbow, Anyone know what it is?

Its a fish torpedo.
    Call the bomb disposal squad, ASAP.

It could be a fish tracker/transponder.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

It must be a radio transmitter, the kind that they insert in fish. They are triangulating the position and just getting the satellite upload as I type and will be knocking on your door soon. You can run but you can't hide.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Looks like it might be a pitt tag. We once did a study with agriculture, fisheries and foods using these. We agreed to take in 5 different strains of rainbow trout and track their grow rates by first injecting the 10g fingerlings with these. Throughout their lives we'd scan these, then weigh and measure each fish - thus allowing us to compare grow rates between strains.

These tags are the same things you'd find in tagged sturgeon on the fraser, or in your pet dog if he's been "microchipped".

I guess I will just have to flush it.

Quote Originally Posted by DBM View Post
    Looks like it might be a pitt tag. We once did a study with agriculture, fisheries and foods using these. We agreed to take in 5 different strains of rainbow trout and track their grow rates by first injecting the 10g fingerlings with these. Throughout their lives we'd scan these, then weigh and measure each fish - thus allowing us to compare grow rates between strains.

These tags are the same things you'd find in tagged sturgeon on the fraser, or in your pet dog if he's been "microchipped".

That sounds like interesting work.I have done some asking around and it sounds like the americans have quite the fish stocking program down in lake rosevelt. Maybe it swam up.

Its a pit tag. Your fish likely had a microscopic piece of encoded wire in its snout as well.

Brenden

Quote Originally Posted by bearass View Post
    I guess I will just have to flush it.
    why not drop it off with the local co?
    april fool in waiting

Quote Originally Posted by martyonthewater View Post
    Exactly. If it is a tag of sorts report it to the proper folks. I'm just learning about the American fish programs and some of them are impressive to say the least. Wish some of that money could be used up here.

Quote Originally Posted by martyonthewater View Post
    I was jokeing about flushing it.

Thats a good idea about giveing to a co I will have to make a phone call tomorrow.