Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Late archery season

Re: Late archery season

C'mon guys...do we really have to have this conversation AGAIN??? If these people are abiding by the laws of the land and you don't like their particular method, the least you can do for the good of the sport is just say nothing at all. JEEEZUS, the anti's don't even have to try to divide and conquer...we just go ahead and do it to ourselves , between this kind of discussion and the whole crossbow argument what chance do we have of coming together to defend our collective rights?

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Why not talk about it do we all have to think the same we arn`t divided just have opionons. but i do lots of times i hunt of my qwad when i am around big cut block . And i have had hunts spoiled by road hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Onesock
    Sorry boys, I do get off the road. I don't know about your quads and trucks but most 4x4's can get off the main road. And yes I did get a couple of deer just to set the record straight. What I am trying to tell you is I am seeing more and more "bowhunters" driving around in pickups and quads. Bowhunting is a great past time and a lot of guys are missing the best part of it by not getting off their a$$ and hunting the proper way.If I pi$$ed you of by calling a spade a spade I apologise, if not and you shoot deer off your quad and out of your truck, like I said before , grow up.
    There seem to be an awful lot of People on this site just waiting to pounce upon those who make a post about their successful hunt weather it be using the wrong caliber or method of hunting, shot placement ect. Everybody has the right to hunt as they see fit (as long as it is legal) and i don't know why you feel you have to throw in your 2 cents worth of negative comments, be happy for People not give them s&*% for not having the same views as you, And if you think they are "missing the best part" why should it bother you. So why don't you GROW UP let People be and keep your negative comments to yourself

Why not talk about it do we all have to think the same
    No we don't have to all think the same but we should at least respect each others right to hunt in whatever way makes each of us happy as long as its legal. Comments like ones posted by onesock declaring that anyone not hunting HIS way is not hunting the "proper way" do nothing to encourage a useful discussion. I have to say it irks me when anyone takes on a holier than thou attitude believing that their way is the only way.....pretty arrogant if you ask me.

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

I agree onesocks comments were out of line . Two months ago i mite have said the same thing after a road hunter drove is dodge deisel up a overgown skinny rough road to a 5 acre cutblock spooking the hugh mulie i was watching. Then get out and say to his partner i told you there would be nothing here. By voicing your opinons maybe road hunters will not drive up every track possible.

PGKris Guest

Quote Originally Posted by willyqbc
    C'mon guys...do we really have to have this conversation AGAIN??? If these people are abiding by the laws of the land and you don't like their particular method, the least you can do for the good of the sport is just say nothing at all. JEEEZUS, the anti's don't even have to try to divide and conquer...we just go ahead and do it to ourselves , between this kind of discussion and the whole crossbow argument what chance do we have of coming together to defend our collective rights?

Chris
    What he said.
    Get over yourselves. There are some idiots in the bush and no doubt there are a few on this site. That doesn't mean you have to denounce them publicly.

If a guy wants to road hunt, let him road hunt. Sometimes when the animals are on the move, the more ground you can get covered the better your chances. I personally don't like to hunt this way, but have taken game doing this. Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, the more people driving the roads while they hunt just means the less people I have to deal with in the bush. My 2 cents.

I would agree with Willy's point that we seem to get onto this vent on an all to frequent basis.

It is difficult to assess the specifics of one hunter's situation when we are not walking in their boots. And it is all to easy to sit on sites like this and pass judgement at each other.

I would point out a couple of occurances this past weekend. A buddy of mine, sitting in his treestand at the end of a small trail, 12 inches of fresh snow, watched a still hunter walking toward him, as the hunter got to within about 20 yards, my friend gave him a quiet whistle, waved and the hunter waved back and carried on in a different direction.

The next day, sitting in the same stand, a person on a quad, drove down the trail my friend was sitting on, and followed his footprints to his stand. When the hunter on the quad found my friend's stand, he waved, blew a donut around the tree and left.

Did this impact my friend's hunt? Yes likely it did. Did it impact his chance to see a deer? Likely not. But it does leave one somewhat frustrated and is evidence that different hunting styles can and do conflict from time to time.

We want the forest to ourselves when we're out there. But is isn't ours alone.

JT

ONESOCK--I am 60 years old and had knee surgery this year and developed complications so when my son and grandson wanted to hunt we used my 4 door truck- me with my bow. I figure I am grown up and so does my grandson. Mike
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills

Bow Walker Guest

Re: Late archery season AND THE ENSUING DEBATE?

Well said JT, I to agree with willyqbc.

Having said that, it is my PERSONAL opinion that - as long as it is legal,I believe that a person can and should hunt in any way that suits him or her.

The woods are not ours, or even private, so our secret hunitng spots can and will be "found" one way or another. The woods are public and as such are accessible to all. Somebody is sure to stumble across your secret honey-hole.

We, as hunters, need to exercise some tolerance, restraint, and patience. People will eventually learn if given long enough to do so.