Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Late archery season

Re: Late archery season

Quote Originally Posted by Onesock
    Mark. I don't think hunting from a vehicle and DRIVING into bow range is what bow hunting is all about. I just returned from the late season bow season in region 8 and I did see quite a bit of what you are talking about. We were screwed up by quads and road hunters most days and I don't think very highly of your hunting methods. Grow up!!!!
    one other thing onesock if you were constantly SCREWD UP by trucks and quads why didnt you get a 100 yards off the road and hunt everybody knows that.

hey mark, i don't know about that one sock , he should realize that to get to our hunting spots in area 8 you do pass alot of deer going to the spots we hunt. i hunt as far of the road as i can.and if there is a big buck on the way in i will pop it. maybe he hunts along the road in a tree stand.

ya maybe he is but if you are hunting on a road you should expect some traffic and not be pissed off about it. all you have to do is get off road and into the bush and its all yours, sometimes the road traffic works to yer advantage as they push the critters right to ya. i think hes just pissy cuz he didnt get one. maybe hes AFRAID to go into the bush!

Sorry boys, I do get off the road. I don't know about your quads and trucks but most 4x4's can get off the main road. And yes I did get a couple of deer just to set the record straight. What I am trying to tell you is I am seeing more and more "bowhunters" driving around in pickups and quads. Bowhunting is a great past time and alot of guys are missing the best part of it by not getting off their a$$ and hunting the proper way.If I pi$$ed you of by calling a spade a spade I apologise, if not and you shoot deer off your quad and out of your truck, like I said before , grow up.

LoL! Lions and tigers and bears oh my

it is against the law to shoot off your quad or out of your truck. what i find funny is seeing four guys in camo in a truck box driving down the road. those are the lazey hunters, and they get to see the co,s more than i do. to many idiots on the roads but if that is the way they want to hunt, fine.

Hey Onesock Not Everyone Hunts How You Do And As Long As Theyre Not Breaking The Law And Or Regs This Is Something Youll Have To Live With. Have Youre Opinion But Understand This Is A Free Country And Road Hunters Are A Reality ..my Dad Loves To Hunt But Cant Hike All Day Anymore Should He Stay Home? All Im Really Saying As Hunters We All Need To Stay Together

sorry there trash, you are right there are some disabled and older people that do have the right to hunt, and i would rather see them out hunting and enjoying there sport. and the older hunters are the ones that i respect and have learned from.

Hey Gang , Onesock is right on this one . Although I have seen fewer and fewer bowhunters who road hunt .This year two older gentleman stopped their SUV and started to talk to me when I noticed a loaded crosbow c/w broadhead whom when I pointed out the legality and foolishness of such just laughed and drove off.
    By the way Onesock and his buddies (me included) sat in their treestands at minus 21 C and he with his traditional bow with wooden arrows harvested a nice 4pt Buck and Doe WT. Not quite as comfortable as a heated cab with music.
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Hey Mark , The above post is for you .
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club