Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Late archery season

Late archery season

Any bowhunters braving the cool weather in region 5 for deer?

2. Site Sponsor

ex bc guide Guest

Re: Late archery season

If I can get the time and money for another trip I will go for it.
    Mike

We've been out every day here (Quesnel)....a few close calls but not nearly as active as in years past. Nothing has been moving until afternoon so we slept in a little this morning ....heading back out soon!

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Bow Walker Guest

Talking Re: Late archery season

Not planning a hunt up in region 5, but.......................

Definitely going out in Marc's backyard and get some meat for the freezer. I'm mainly looking for a nice plump doe to make the eating easy - since the bucks are most likely still recovering from the rut. I am thinking seriously of putting a pie plate in my back pocket for protection!

Should be a slam-dunk for a freezer doe, or maybe a smaller buck that still thinks that IT is to pee through?

I am still hunting in reg. 8 looking for a wt but i have to work so i hunt a little in the morn. and evening.

Went out today with swamper into same area as Willyq today. not much moving, all the deer were in the farmers fields. Only saw 4 does in the bush and 1 coyote. Pretty slow. Mike
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills

Well my first day in the last season was very slow and cold. I managed to sit in the tree stand for most of the morning but that wind chill factor forced me out to walk the afternoon. Very slow morning with the afternoon being the best time. Nothing with antlers. Oh well, there's the rest of the week.

id tell you guys that the okanogan is loaded with deer and you can see 30 to 50 a day from the quad or truck and drive right into bow range, but then youul all come here and hunt, so pretend you didnt hear that!

Mark. I don't think hunting from a vehicle and DRIVING into bow range is what bow hunting is all about. I just returned from the late season bow season in region 8 and I did see quite a bit of what you are talking about. We were screwed up by quads and road hunters most days and I don't think very highly of your hunting methods. Grow up!!!!

im not saying that that is how i bow hunt, but to tell you the truth i see more, and get closer to game that way, than i do when walking or sitting.