Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BBB shot

Re: BBB shot

Marc, what is it worth to get started into reloading shotgun shells? With the amount of shells we have been going through it would definitely be worth it. Also how much does it cost you per shell to reload them?
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

Dirty, sorry I didn't get the chance to break it down for you I'll get you the numbers when I get home from hunting this weekend. I haven't bought the components for a while so I want to check the new prices to give you and accurate reading. It's defanitely not as cheap as buying lead but we all know you can't use lead. Handloads are also premium loads.

I think it was a ball park figure of $13.50 for a box of 2 3/4 inch 1 1/8 oz doing 1475fps and the 3 inch loads I think was around $17.50 for a box with 1 1/4 oz doing 1475fps. The cool thing is I found two different recipies for two different size shells with the same velocity so you don't have to componsate your lead for changing types of shells.

Marc.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

The powder is getting a bit pricey but the caps, wads and hulls are still pretty reasonable, as is a Lee press. Where one would get steel shot I have no idea. Since I don't do migratory birds I still load lead on those rare occations that I do reload shotshells. Fred
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati