Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "New" Firearms store in Surrey

"New" Firearms store in Surrey

On my way to work I bike by the old Hunter's store in Surrey near Guildford. The last few weeks I've noticed some action in the store. A week ago as I was going by I noticed boxed gun safes visible near the window. Today I noticed a new awning with something to do with "Shooting". I missed the actual name as I was in a hurry and wasn't expecting to see a new sign. Stay tuned.
    Anyone know anything more about this?

2. Site Sponsor

sfire436 Guest

Re: "New" Firearms store in Surrey

I hear that Italian sporting goods bought them out and they are opening a new hunting/shooting store there. But that is all gossip

Quote Originally Posted by sfire436 View Post
    I hear that Italian sporting goods bought them out and they are opening a new hunting/shooting store there. But that is all gossip
    not gossip...been told by the horses mouth at ISG. Andy says everyone goes there when ISG closes down to start working on the store. I had some scheduling issues and couldn't meet up with him at close or just after close due to that.

sfire436 Guest

SWEET!!!!!!! Good to see, now I suppose surrey will make a bylaw to not allow the commercial sale of firearms like delta and screw it all up!

Quote Originally Posted by sfire436 View Post
    SWEET!!!!!!! Good to see, now I suppose surrey will make a bylaw to not allow the commercial sale of firearms like delta and screw it all up!
    What are you talking about?
    They already have a business lic. !!
    Why would they go to all this trouble only to be closed down???
    As for Delta, they are not trying to close down Stillwater Sports, they are just trying to pass a b/s bylaw preventing anyone from opening another store of that same type and business...
    Obviously the tax base in Ladner/Delta is so great they can afford to pick and choose the kind of business they want to set up shop in their hood.
    mallywacker, where are you ????
    Rob
    Last edited by FLHTCUI; 05-22-2009 at 09:14 PM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    What are you talking about?
    They already have a business lic. !!
    Why would they go to all this trouble only to be closed down???
    As for Delta, they are not trying to close down Stillwater Sports, they are just trying to pass a b/s bylaw preventing anyone from opening another store of that same type and business...
    Obviously the tax base in Ladner/Delta is so great they can afford to pick and choose the kind of business they want to set up shop in their hood.
    mallywacker, where are you ????
    Rob
    Man you gotta relax a bit, everytime somebody mentions the bylaw ya get all worked up man. As much as you think it's no big deal you should consider what the long term implications are. Think for a minute why ISG jumped on the chance to by Hunters. Clue: It wasn't because they were setting the world on fire! K

definately looking fwd to that opening. Relying on wallmart to have enough leh apps for the entire surrey area is dissapointing at best.
    april fool in waiting

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    Man you gotta relax a bit, everytime somebody mentions the bylaw ya get all worked up man. As much as you think it's no big deal you should consider what the long term implications are. Think for a minute why ISG jumped on the chance to by Hunters. Clue: It wasn't because they were setting the world on fire! K
    I gotta relax??? WTF is with that????
    I aint the one mobilizing the troops to come out and protest in front of your local council.( sorry for confuseing you F350, didnt mean You Personally mobilizing the troops ) btw, I am relaxing...
    If your council thinks they are well enough off to prevent a business from opening its door in your hood , well then so be it....
    Relax he says, now that's funny
    Last edited by FLHTCUI; 05-23-2009 at 10:05 AM. Reason: correction of .....

Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    I gotta relax??? WTF is with that????
    Chill pills

we thank you
    Last edited by todbartell; 05-23-2009 at 12:21 AM.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Still Water Sports ? Still there ?
    I remember when they opened up a couple decades ago , good for him if they are ?? Trying to remember the original owners name , he was awesome for bringing in duck gear and other good shtuff