Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lower mainland and where to go shooting?

Re: Lower mainland and where to go shooting?

mamquam fsr stawamus fsr are both on the right just before squamish then there is squamish main and ashlu on the left a little further on.me and some buddies are going up above stave tomorrow morning

On the North side of the Fraser valley everything West of Mission is pretty much a no go for shooting until you get North of all the municipal districts. So the logging roads around Squamish is probably your best bet. At Reliable (or any gun store I would imagine) you can pick up a Fraser Valley Special Hunting Area map. It's free and it'll tell you exactly what and where you can and can't shoot and for what reason. Definitely worth the time to go pick one up.

I'm a member at Ridgedale in Abbotsford, about 10 minutes from HWY 1, guest fee is $3, Tuesday's are public access for trap and rifle, PM me if you wanna go as a guest on a week-end

www.ridgedale.net
    Last edited by cloverphil; 07-31-2009 at 10:21 PM.
    we should not be asking why the lunatic had a gun, but why no one else did

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt, San Francisco, May 13, 1903

"No women, no kids ! " Leon : The Professional

Quote Originally Posted by cloverphil View Post
    I'm a member at Ridgedale in Abbotsford, about 10 minutes from HWY 1, guest fee is $3, Tuesday's are public access for trap and rifle, PM me if you wanna go as a guest on a week-end

www.ridgedale.net

I thought they changed the guest fee to $5 now?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I don't have an attitude problem; you must have a perception problem.

we went up Sylvester Road a ways...what a rough road! that aside, Reliable doesn't have any of the Fraser Valley maps...was there the other day and they had none left. hopefully they'll have something at Italian.
    Last edited by Mr. Friendly; 08-02-2009 at 01:20 PM.

theres an old lumber sory that I think you can shoot at in squamish. take mamquam fsr. Then I think you take a right at around 8 k? but I'm not to sure, there is a gate at the turn, and last time I went around there it was open. but if you want to actualy sight in a gun you are wasting your time going anywhere but a range.
    "you know there are a lot of mountain bikers in the area" she looked at me weird when I said back to her " Thats fine, I'm not hunting mountain bikers today" Brambles

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Friendly View Post
    we went up Sylvester Road a ways...what a rough road! that aside, Reliable doesn't have any of the Fraser Valley maps...was there the other day and they had none left. hopefully they'll have something at Italian.
    I found that map in walmart, at the sporting goods section

Sylvester is good just pack your garbage and shells out. But there are occasionally "interesting people" up there firing weapons that they surely don't have the correct level of licensing for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coming_out_heavy. View Post
    Dinks arent all bad though. Ive found myself staring at one dink all day if there is nothing else around to look at.