Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which Spotting Scopes are you using?

Smile Re: Which Spotting Scopes are you using?

I like my Bausch and Lomb 15x45 x 60 - used it for 4 years and find it packs well in my backpack and is clear enough for my old eyes - and I paid about $500 for it - on sale. Not that I wouldn't like a new Ziess!!!!

Re: Which Spotting Scopes are you using?

I also have a Vortex Nomad 20X60X60. It is good and I don't see why I should re-mortgage my house for a spotting scope...

I have a 20-60X60 Nikon Fieldscope III ED. It has excellent glass, comparable to the high end German stuff for about half the price. It has given me excellent service. My only bitch would have to be that I wish it had a fine focus as well as the barrel focus. It is just a little more coarse than I would like.
    http://www.betterviewdesired.com/Nik...ope-III-ED.php

I too have the 20-60 x 60 Nikon Fieldscope III ED. There is a shortcoming with the physical size of the objective size and zoom eyepiece, anything over ~45X results in a very dim view in less than ideal light and a rather short eye relief. It is still a good scope though. Excellent image quality in my opinion and in addition to the caual use throughout the spotting sessions I have spent 2 consecutive days @ 8hrs each behind the scope with no eye strain. If anyone is in the market for this scope I would advise shopping south of the border, I felt the pain of buying at a very competitive Canadian price only to find it for nearly half price at cameralandny. Ouch!