Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Spotting Scopes are you using?

Which Spotting Scopes are you using?

Looking for a pair around the $600 mark. I currently have the Bushnell POS model which is good for the range, but gives me a headache when using it for longer periods (hunting). I was looking at the Bushnell Excursion FLP's. anyone have any thoughts? Leuplold? Thanks Rob
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Which Spotting Scopes are you using?

If you are getting eye/headaches you may want to change the way you are using the scope. I got them using a swarovski scope until I changed my way of viewing. However for the price that bushnell looks like a smokin deal.

Ya spend the extra 400-500 if you can and buy the Leupold Goldring 12x40x60.Its a great scope rather light and compact and very clear to look thru even at the 40 power.
    ITS BETTER TO THINK YOUR AN IDIOT THAN TO OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND PROVE IT!

Quote Originally Posted by bigbore14 View Post
    If you are getting eye/headaches you may want to change the way you are using the scope. I got them using a swarovski scope until I changed my way of viewing. However for the price that bushnell looks like a smokin deal.
    How do you mean? Use my binos more and the scope less? Thanks for the reply's. Rob
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

You should be using your binos for all your glassing and using your spotting scope to look at certain objects, animals, to clarify something or looking at something that your binos cannot see clearly. Using your spotting scope for glassing can be the cause for headaches and sore necks.

I use a B&L Elite 20-60x70. A little heavy, but a nice clear scope. I really like the Leupold and of course the Leica, Zeiss and Swarovski, but for now will settle for my Elite.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Last year I picked up a Leupold Goldring 12-40x60 at the Kamloops gunshow for $800. It was new, never used. I'd watch the Buy and Sell if I were you and you can find some good glass within that price range.

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    Last year I picked up a Leupold Goldring 12-40x60 at the Kamloops gunshow for $800. It was new, never used. I'd watch the Buy and Sell if I were you and you can find some good glass within that price range.
    How do you like it?
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

I love it. Have used them for several years as a few of my buddies have the exact same scope.
    I saw one at the Kamloops Gunshow today for $1050. Told the guy I bought one at last year's gunshow for $800 and he was shocked.

I have a vintige Bushnell I use. Been looking hard at the Vortex spotting scopes. Yes I know they're not high end but for the money not to mention the warenty I think they'er the best out there for the price.