Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New duck blind

Re: New duck blind

You guys will have to make a deer blind for me, Looks like we will be putting a machanicale clay thrower on the mountain.

That fiberglass board looks great. It already has a camoey colour to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    An update.

Got the back and side walls on, Turned out we have a bunch of old fiberglass boards from our old barn and they're already weathers and yellow/green so it'll be great for camoing. Alot lighter then plywood, and wont rot in a few years of being in the ground wet. Be a good roof too and wind protection.

And ground work for the foundation have begun.

Looking good!

You might as well go the extra step and do something to protect the lower parts from rotting. That fiberglass is a great base colour!

Wow. I wish I lived on a farm! That thing looks great. Too bad it is so big, now everybody from HBC is going to want to come hunt with you!
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

Nice hide Adam.You might consider using 6" concrete mesh instead of chicken wire for grassing in---it's a lot easier to weave grass/cattails into, and much sturdier.

Yeah thats a good idea, We have a bunch of different mesh here, lots of chicken wire because of our old chicken run but I know we have bigger holed wired kicking around, we wont need much just in the front. I'm stuck in kamloops for atleast another two weeks so hopefully Matt does some work while I'm away.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Wow that is a nice big blind CF. Hope you folks put a propane stove/oven combo in their for those apple pies with coffee.

Some progress today as I'm back home.

Hanks work desk, Matt's gonna put carpet on it so its not so slipperly.

Thought we'd need atleast 6 guys to haul this thing onto a trailer or truck bed but Dad and I figured something out with only the two of us. We managed to semi lift roll it into place, egyptian style rolling the pipes underneath the blind, weighs atleast 400+ pounds easy.

1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

I really have to see this when you are done. Agree or disagree talk about pimp my blind. I hope you enjoy, that all that matters. It is not a project I would do but I admire your determination to follow a thought and plan through, good on you.
    Son of a Birch,, Life time BC resident hunter.

Oh its just a bit of an upgrade, only thing different from the last one is its in the ground, and designed better.