Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Crossbows

Re: Crossbows

Quote Originally Posted by Onesock
    If a person could pick only one weapon to hunt with what would it be? I don't think too many guys are married to the Xbow for more than a couple of days a year.
    Vaguely on the same topic - I don't know a single compound/traditional bowhunter who doesn't put the bow in the closet the day rifle season opens.
    "...the truth will make you free." John 8:32

hmmm..all i wanted was a little input on this issue and perhaps a small argument of wich i didnt mean bash anybodies hunting methods.i can tell brotherjack is a crossbow hunter..and if i offended you i apologize. and you do have to admit that most crossbow hunters are only at it a couple of times a year.
    how long have you owned a crossbow BJ?
    I am a Bowhunter, strictly a bow!

Contrary to what you believe BJ, most "bow hunters" that I know don't pick up a gun ever.

Thumbs up Re: Crossbows

Quote Originally Posted by J_T
    I too believe, we are all "hunters". Period. Hunters. And we should work together in regards to, conservation, youth, wildlife, wildlife management, hunter recruitment.
    Amen! Now we're gettin down to where it's really at!

I am a member of two provincial organizations that believe the above (that we are all hunters and should work together) The TBBC and the UBBC. The TBBC, focus on conservation, working with government authorities and partnering with other agencies (RMEF, CBF&WCP, CBT) to further enhance wildlife. The UBBC is a lobby interest group that pulls its efforts into providing government with innovative and creative hunting opportunities. Yes, for bowhunting. Both organizations strive to provide a better understanding of hunter ethics.
    You got some URL's for those organizations?

I believe: Limited Entry Hunting, gun registration, a lack of social acceptance and a lack of innovation by the hunting advisory groups (combined with an aging demographic) is a reason hunting is dying. I want to work toward new and exciting hunting opportunities and manage the issues of harvest, hunter recruitment and social license & First Nations issues as we do so.
    Again, amen! Let's spend our time working on the real problems facing us, not fighting over what kind of arrow launcher should/shouldn't be legal (or other equally silly points of division amongst ourselves we might find to argue over).

where do you dream this up onesock?????

Quote Originally Posted by Onesock
    Contrary to what you believe BJ, most "bow hunters" that I know don't pick up a gun ever.
    See my earlier comments about the (ir)relevance of personal experience when we're defining a demographic. I didn't mean to imply that was my belief, I was just continuing with a bit of tongue in cheek sarcasam I had started in an earlier post... (though it is true, of the various bowhunters I know, I don't know any who don't put down the bow come opening day of rifle season).

same old story,,,why would anyone bring a knife (bow) to a gun fight?? lol i'm a bowhunter and i look forward to the late season every year, so i'd like to keep the bow season,,i usually don't hunt deer anymore during rifle season even tho i own about 17 firearms and 1 bow,, but i DO take my kids out since they love the sport that i showed them and that they grew up with.so for the love of the sport let's not spoil it for everyone,wether one hunts with a bow,crossbow or a gun.
    no vegetables here

Quote Originally Posted by brotherjack
    Vaguely on the same topic - I don't know a single compound/traditional bowhunter who doesn't put the bow in the closet the day rifle season opens.
    Well Brother jack you know one now!! Willy or Swamper can attest to the fact that all I hunt with is a compound bow . Mike
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills

Crossbows are, and should be kept, legal to hunt with during archery seasons.

Elitism stinks.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Ddog
    i can tell brotherjack is a crossbow hunter..
    I am a hunter. Period. If they had a wet-noodle season, I'd take to the field in a heartbeat if I had practiced and was proficient enough with said noodle to put some meat on the table.

Every day spent in the bush hunting - be it with camera, crossbow, rifle, or otherwise - is a good day in my book. When I get the chance to schedule my life, I try to fit in as many good days as I can.
    Last edited by brotherjack; 11-18-2005 at 06:00 PM.