Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Crossbows

Re: Crossbows

A fellow here on the coast got a nice elk with a 70 lb compound bow at 10 yds,fixed broadhead .through the heart ,almost went out the otherside.But on a heart shot ....done deal .Oh ya 70 yds was as far as the old boy got. nicely done .If you don't hit the heart and don't have enough penatration to get both lungs that elk will go for miles and miles and miles...you get the picture.done it not fun.
    Last edited by tooty; 02-04-2006 at 06:15 PM.
    Big bullets ,Big holes ,Big meals...

Ddog. I don't think brotherjack shoots a bow. He shoots one of those other things that shouldn't be in bow only season!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Onesock
    Ddog. I don't think brotherjack shoots a bow. He shoots one of those other things that shouldn't be in bow only season!!!
    LOL... /me politely ignores the bait. Nope, not going to take it. Have to find someone else to razz.

You did know, BTW, that I have years of shooting traditional bows under my belt, eh? Just never shot a critter with one.
    "...the truth will make you free." John 8:32

Lmao @ Kirby...good one...funny stuff...

Oh and by BTW the mentioned scenario of what bow i was shooting and the circumstances of the elk was what happened on Sept 7/05 . the shot placement wasnt excactly where i wanted it but close..The cow elk went 65 yards and piled up..The arrow put a hole through the top of the shoulder blade and excited through the lung and a rib clean through..although she wasnt the biigest elk roaming the woods she was the lead cow in that group of about 20 and she weighed in on the butchers hook dressed at 375Lbs. and contrary to what i have been told about lead cows.. she is fantastic eating ...unbelievable..delicious..mmmmmmm now i am going to have elk steaks for dinner tonight.
    Last edited by Ddog; 02-05-2006 at 01:27 PM.