Thread: urgent bow sighting question

urgent bow sighting question

ok i can not figure why or how this happening and my girlfreind and i are shooting in a 3d comp this weekend.

here is the problem, she bought a bow in aberta got it all sighted in and she was shooting bang on.
    we get back to bc and everything is way out of wack and we took good care of the bows so they would not get smashed around. mine shoots fine but hers is all over the place. we tryied to resight it in but still there is no consistancy in her shots and i've watched her shoot and she hasn't changed since alberta.

well guys and galls i'm at my wits end, any tips or advice would be great
    thanx
    !you only get out of life what you put in!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: urgent bow sighting question

How familiar are you with bow tuning and accessory mounting? Hard to answer without some background. Everything is tight? I would guess at the rest first off. Is it a drop-away? How long have you both been shooting?
    What is "...all over the place"? 6" groups at 20y or 18" random groups?
    Got a pic of the set-up and a complete accessory list.
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.

Any new noises when she's drawing it back? Check the cams to make sure they aren't canting during the draw cycle.....may indicate a bent axle.

You didn't state what type of bow it is. Assuming it is a compound..... and at the risk of stating the obvious;
    - cables mounted correctly ?
    - cams out of alignment ?
    - limbs set properly ?
    - nock point ?
    - draw point ?
    - draw weight ? too heavy causes shooter to waver.
    - arrow rest out of adjustment ? pressure button if it has one ?
    - sights ?
    - consistent draw and stance ?
    - arrows straight ?
    - arrows nocked correctly/vane position ?
    - shooters sight picture consistent ?
    - target distance ?
    - outdoors ? wind ?

Sometimes the simplest cause is the solution.........

I can only think of a couple of things that could be wrong. Have you checked to see if anything did loosen up like the rest or the sight? The other thing could be an inconsistent anchor point. Make sure she anchors in the same spot every time. I hope you find out what's up.
    Good luck Steve.
    It's better to pass on a shot that you wish later you took, then to take a shot and wish later you didn't.

we found out it was her peep sight, it moves up and down so we have to get that fixed.

she shoots a browning micro adrenalin and one thing we noticed is that when she shoots, the screws in her cams start to loosen after about 10 shots. so we put a small amount of lock tight in there to see if that helps. shes gonna shoot it today and see.

here is her set up
    -browning micro adrenalin hx bow
    -wisker biscuit rest
    -cobra mini marksmen sight
    -limbsaver mini s-ciol stabilizer
    -g5 small peep

i'm have a basic awarness of tuning and accessory attaching.

for the all over the place comment say she was at 10yrds and shot at the bottom circle on a block target she would be hitting an inch lower then the top edge on the target. then i would get her to move to 20yrds and she'd be in the same spot. so thats what i ment by all over the place like that shouldn't be possible if your using your site for 10yrds then using it at 20yrds and hitting the same place. and i'm also very confident in her shooting she's impressed me on alot of occasins.

but ya other then the loose screws we think we got it.

so thanx alot guys i really appriciate the input its nice to be on a site where ppl accually give a damn about their fellow archers.
    !you only get out of life what you put in!