Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Bear protection breed

Re: Bear protection breed

Have a friend with an American bulldog , happiest,friendliest, most lovable dog you could ever come across. Until she smells a bear- she becomes an unholy rocket and the bear leaves the property, every time . God help anything that ever messes with her family.

Akita.....

KBD is bred for that, but they can be mean *******s.

Consider terrain hunted for larger breeds, which are typically pre-disposed to hip dysplasia over longer periods of time (GS, BMD, etc.).

My dog is a scaredy-cat pointer mix, but the toughest dog when a bear is around, so I think most dogs with a prey drive will probably do pretty good, I'd focus on the other aspects, as bear defense can be taught, and nothing can be tested until you encounter the real thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Camp Cook View Post
    Here are my two Bullmastiff/Rottweiler cross pups the day after they were delivered to us a couple days before Christmas.

WOW time flies over a year since I posted this picture the girls are now just over 17 months old since then the pups parents had another litter we ended up with their 6 1/2 month old younger brother as well.

Here is a pic from two weeks ago Max is 10 1/2 months old weighs 115lbs just got neutered Friday so he's not happy right now, the girls are 17 months old weigh appr 110lbs and the last but not least is our 9 1/2 year old hypothyroid Chessie she weighs in at a heavy 110lbs her name is Cocobear.

Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...

good god cook do you just leave a steer on the back lawn to feed those giants?

LOL...

Yes and no...

I have a friend with a cattle ranch they call me if a cow or calf die I head up and pick it up if its a calf I quarter it if its larger the plan is to cut it into large roast size chunks and freeze it.

Last fall Cabela's had the large CanCookers on sale for $30 from $130 I then also purchased a 60,000btu single burner stove.

Appr every two weeks I cook up a pot full of stew with carrots - peas - oats - pasta - beef broth - meat etc put a couple containers into my garage fridge the rest into the freezer I add this to their dry food was giving them Costco Kirkland brand dry food at $40 for a 15.6kg bag and the Costco canned dog food $.95/can.

I now at the breeders advise go to Walmart and buy them Ol Roy dry food depending on the type its $20 - $25 for a 20kg bag.

I also add our meal left overs to their stew containers my food bill is now less than 1/2 of what it was at appr $50 - $60/month.
    Last edited by Camp Cook; 03-21-2018 at 06:57 AM.
    Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...

Quote Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
    mother in law.

lousy companion but can turn a bear inside out with the flick of its tongue
    I see you have met my mother in law.....................

Dog slams into black bear at full speed chasing it quickly away! What a dog!

And it’s not a Karelian!

https://www.ctvnews.ca/lifestyle/awesome-pup-lunges-at-black-bear-in-new-jersey-backyard-1.4503748

“People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

lousy companion but can turn a bear inside out with the flick of its tongue
    And it wouldn't matter as much if the bear decided to fight.