Page 77 of 79 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 LastLast

Thread: sheep pack weight ?????

Re: sheep pack weight ?????

I have a peloton 240 with a hood, I had a seamstress sew in pit zips. That piece is used more than any other and is on every hunt.
    WSS BC Monarch Member
    WSF Member
    BCWF Member
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by 264mag View Post
    I have a peloton 240 with a hood, I had a seamstress sew in pit zips. That piece is used more than any other and is on every hunt.
    Pit zips would be dynamite.

I have a first line kiln that gets used a lot in the late fall for elk but having my Sitka core lightweight with the ability to toss on the 240 with zips to dump heat would be good.

Might have to look into that. How much did it cost?

It was 20 bucks. Money well spent!
    WSS BC Monarch Member
    WSF Member
    BCWF Member
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

My carbon fibre pole for the lite outdoors has arrived now, this will knock of 8 once from the aluminum pole it came with

here is my sheep hunt pack list, pictures, my pick weights 53 pounds and here is my food list, days are packed per day
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2949.jpg   IMG_2950.jpg  

[QUOTE=alberta hunter;2398463]here is my sheep hunt pack list, pictures, my pick weights 53 pounds and here is my food list, days are packed per dayMy pack list is whats in the pictures, weight is 53 pounds
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2950.jpg   IMG_2949.jpg  

[QUOTE=alberta hunter;2398466]
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta hunter View Post
    here is my sheep hunt pack list, pictures, my pick weights 53 pounds and here is my food list, days are packed per dayMy pack list is whats in the pictures, weight is 53 pounds
    How many days? Is that with gun? 53lbs is a damn good weight. My first 7 day fly in my pack was 71lbs with gun. After some time, experience and a shitload of money on better, lighter gear, my pack last year for a 10 day hunt was 61lbs. This winter I got a new pack and gun, between the 2, knocked off 3.5lbs. Crazy how some guys can get so light. Im out of ideas, short of starving myself on how to get any lighter.

[QUOTE=Bullreaper;2398469]
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta hunter View Post

How many days? Is that with gun? 53lbs is a damn good weight. My first 7 day fly in my pack was 71lbs with gun. After some time, experience and a shitload of money on better, lighter gear, my pack last year for a 10 day hunt was 61lbs. This winter I got a new pack and gun, between the 2, knocked off 3.5lbs. Crazy how some guys can get so light. Im out of ideas, short of starving myself on how to get any lighter.
    Have you ever sat down and figured out how much it costs per ounce to get from 71 pounds down to 61? Lol.

I try and keep things in perspective and weigh out how much a certain product is going to improve my trip. A heavy air mattress and a pillow are going to improve my sleep to a point they’re worth packing. A little bit of luxury goes a long way.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

[QUOTE=Bustercluck;2398471]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullreaper View Post
    Have you ever sat down and figured out how much it costs per ounce to get from 71 pounds down to 61? Lol.

I try and keep things in perspective and weigh out how much a certain product is going to improve my trip. A heavy air mattress and a pillow are going to improve my sleep to a point they’re worth packing. A little bit of luxury goes a long way.
    Never figured out a dollar amount, but it was a lot of extra OT shifts that’s for sure.

Definitely need a little luxury when you’re out there. I have a synthetic sleeping bag, could lighten up if I went to down. The bag is extremely comfortable and I have the piece of mind not having to worry about it getting wet. I also run an 2 person tent, I like having the extra room, especially when you are rained out for days. Always got a few bags of Haribo gummy bears too. Things I could lighten up on, but for me, they’re non negotiable, my luxury items. Lol.

This is a great thread, i always enjoy when it gets refreshed. Rain gear, tents, packs, sleeping bags and guns are probably the biggest items to cut weight in.. and a spotter i guess. Also the priciest. You're prepping your gear list for this august?