Page 76 of 79 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast

Thread: sheep pack weight ?????

Re: sheep pack weight ?????

I added these to my Sheep hunt, well to all hunts I do, this is a game changer for me, https://www.wiserprecision.com/products/quick-stix

I have them as well, all kinds of uses.
    WSS BC Monarch Member
    WSF Member
    BCWF Member
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Seek Outside Revolution frame, custom integrated Fortress 6300 in their Dyneema reinforced fabric. Including a Kifaru gun bearer and a Seek Outside Merlin, which I modified. 4.75lbs

Quote Originally Posted by alberta hunter View Post
    I added these to my Sheep hunt, well to all hunts I do, this is a game changer for me, https://www.wiserprecision.com/products/quick-stix

My 3rd leg is on its way to me now, no more tripod for spotter now

Quote Originally Posted by alberta hunter View Post
    My 3rd leg is on its way to me now, no more tripod for spotter now
    I don't see that being a very practical tripod but would be interested in hearing your experience.
    WSSBC
    CCFR

]I don't see that being a very practical tripod but would be interested in hearing your experience.[/QUOTE]

Ill let you know when i have all the pieces together,

I have a peleton 240 with no hood. Feels pretty light. Also, have poly and merino long sleeves and down puffy and synthetic puff pants.

No matter whatever else you have to wear, Does a fleece jacket get into your pack during an early season sheep hunt? (aug 1-15)?

For early Aug sheep I have never packed a fleece jacket yet.
    I wear my puffy jacket all the time for glassing and at camp but have yet to ever wear my puffy pants. Still pack them every year tho. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by rageous View Post
    For early Aug sheep I have never packed a fleece jacket yet.
    I wear my puffy jacket all the time for glassing and at camp but have yet to ever wear my puffy pants. Still pack them every year tho. Lol
    good to know. I'll always bring my pair of puffies whereever I go as well. Might try to find a very lightweight pair for aug sheep though. Sounds like most don't need it but nice to have.

Quote Originally Posted by dapesche View Post
    I have a peleton 240 with no hood. Feels pretty light. Also, have poly and merino long sleeves and down puffy and synthetic puff pants.

No matter whatever else you have to wear, Does a fleece jacket get into your pack during an early season sheep hunt? (aug 1-15)?

I have the same Peloton 240 and I'd bring it if it had a hood. Instead I bring a very similar Patagonia jacket with a hood.

I use it as my primary outer layer over a Merino short sleeve. It breathes well, durable, it can deal with a light wind or light quick rain. I then have a hardshell and a light weight puffy. These 4 tops give me a ton of versatility and they can mix and match to handle every condition from about -2 to +30.

I wouldn't bring a typical fleece.