Page 70 of 79 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast

Thread: sheep pack weight ?????

Re: sheep pack weight ?????

Quote Originally Posted by warnniklz View Post
    Kifaru makes a pretty good pitch on their website.
    Haha, get it? Pitch?? Talking about tents? I'm slayin' it today.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    Haha, get it? Pitch?? Talking about tents? I'm slayin' it today.
    pfft... I pitch tents in my sleep

Kind of a morning tent pitcher myself.

We ran 3 small tipi last year and we got wet. We didn’t have stoves to dry out, that being said the weather was horrible rain blowing under the sides of the tents above tree line. I’m also looking for a bigger tent might go 4 season or a tipi with a stove. We want to sleep in the same tent so if we get weather we can at least play cards and drink coffee

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    Please explain why? I looked at their site and I dont see anything special. Cheap yes but quality?
    Not sure on quality but the bags are on the cheaper side, I will be buying a -22 bag soon, what I like is they have 3 sized bags so Get to buy one that fits better for me, as Im short at 5 ft 5, there small will fit me better than others that start at 6ft size

Quote Originally Posted by jac View Post
    We ran 3 small tipi last year and we got wet. We didn’t have stoves to dry out, that being said the weather was horrible rain blowing under the sides of the tents above tree line. I’m also looking for a bigger tent might go 4 season or a tipi with a stove. We want to sleep in the same tent so if we get weather we can at least play cards and drink coffee
    Take a look at the liteoutdoors site they have a snow skirt on theres

Quote Originally Posted by alberta hunter View Post
    Not sure on quality but the bags are on the cheaper side, I will be buying a -22 bag soon, what I like is they have 3 sized bags so Get to buy one that fits better for me, as Im short at 5 ft 5, there small will fit me better than others that start at 6ft size
    I would be concerned about the quality and actual comfort rating of a down bag for that price. Just my opinion. But if it turns out to be a good purchase let us know!

So I won a tag for 6-25 d today.
    I've never hunted sheep and never been that far north.
    If anyone has any information of any kind that they can private message me, I will absorb it like a sponge and greatly appreciate it.

Well I just weighed everything individually in my pack. I definitely have some work to do haha....

52.95 lbs before food/water. Including rifle and 2.25lbs of salt.

Heavy items seem to be:

Shelter 6lbs
    Sleeping bag 3.4lbs
    Rifle 7.9lbs
    Tripod 4.4lbs

As for all the other gear it's more or less the same as what I have seen on this thread.

What is a good goal weight pre food/water? Assuming food 1.25lbs/day and water 2.2lbs/L? If that's correct. I'm by no means looking to spend thousands and become an ultra light guy but shit I need to do something here haha.

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    Well I just weighed everything individually in my pack. I definitely have some work to do haha....

52.95 lbs before food/water. Including rifle and 2.25lbs of salt.

Heavy items seem to be:

Shelter 6lbs
    Sleeping bag 3.4lbs
    Rifle 7.9lbs
    Tripod 4.4lbs

As for all the other gear it's more or less the same as what I have seen on this thread.

What is a good goal weight pre food/water? Assuming food 1.25lbs/day and water 2.2lbs/L? If that's correct. I'm by no means looking to spend thousands and become an ultra light guy but shit I need to do something here haha.
    Nope. Do nothing. Just walk slower. Don't let even the thought about the weight wreck your mental state. This will plague you on a long sheep hunt. You need to know that it is what it is. If you want to lose weight, stop eating so much two months before you go. Heck, I pack 10 full ambrosia apples just to spite my heavy pack. Sounds silly, but it goes really far in my mental battle along the way. Nothing like laughing AT the weight when your mind plays tricks on your preparedness.