Page 69 of 79 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: sheep pack weight ?????

Re: sheep pack weight ?????

You’ll love that bag I have the same .
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

I had some input by phone and texts or e-mails with Niels on that bag. I suggested it to Neils right after buying my Blue whatever, wanted to name it ''The Riotous Red" with wider dimensions than it emerged with.

Valandre bags equal WM, IME and are superb.

If anybody is looking for a new sleeping bag, check out wexgear.com very fund happy, I don't have anything from them yet, but I will be ordering a new bag soon

Quote Originally Posted by alberta hunter View Post
    If anybody is looking for a new sleeping bag, check out wexgear.com very fund happy, I don't have anything from them yet, but I will be ordering a new bag soon
    Please explain why? I looked at their site and I dont see anything special. Cheap yes but quality?

i dont think id order a bag from them unless it was to throw in your camper to sleep with when your furnance is running lol
    they dont have much info on what kind of down they use. my 900 fill down bag is a full pound less than there 800 fill bag...
    And not to mention 170$ full price for a down bag id say quality is lacking..

Look at the Nemo-keyu sleeping bag for sale in hunting bc forum

Really Good deal

I'm thinking of a tipi tent for this year's sheep trip. Those that have been there, would you carry one of the wood stoves? Best tipi/stove combo?

I do love me a fire, especially when cold and wet, but I realize a lot of sheep terrain doesn't offer much in the way of firewood.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    I'm thinking of a tipi tent for this year's sheep trip. Those that have been there, would you carry one of the wood stoves? Best tipi/stove combo?

I do love me a fire, especially when cold and wet, but I realize a lot of sheep terrain doesn't offer much in the way of firewood.
    Been sitting on the same fence. Instead of rocking 2 1-man tents, switching up to a tipi and stove. Weight wise depending on what system, it balances out.

My only concern is being up in sheep country sometimes can leave you pretty exposed, not sure how a tipi would hold up to heavy snow or winds.
    Life begins where your comfort zone ends

WSSBC Monarch; RMGA; 2% for Conservation Certified; WSF; BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by porthunter View Post
    Been sitting on the same fence. Instead of rocking 2 1-man tents, switching up to a tipi and stove. Weight wise depending on what system, it balances out.

My only concern is being up in sheep country sometimes can leave you pretty exposed, not sure how a tipi would hold up to heavy snow or winds.
    Kifaru makes a pretty good pitch on their website. Although most people I follow on the grammer rock the seek outside tipi's and haven't seen anyone complain