Page 73 of 79 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast

Thread: sheep pack weight ?????

Re: sheep pack weight ?????

It works awesome, just need to add compression straps and swap a couple buckles and they're perfect together.

I had an Exo K2 before(well, still have, need to sell), and while it was great, curiosity got the best of me and I got a Kifaru frame to try. I love the kifaru frame, but also love the Exo bag layout more than any other. Luckily for me they fit really well together, and the Exo bag is a bit lighter than similar offerings from Kifaru.

Bonus mix-ups, the Mystery Ranch day pack lid fits really well on the bag, though I don't usually use it, for weight savings.

Obviously need to add food... and that empty pack weight needs to be cut way the **** back
    Last edited by warnniklz; 07-24-2020 at 04:18 PM.

hi my sheep hunting back pack with food for 12 days, stone glacier back pack ,decent sized ten,t salt, silt tarp ,musquito mesh food, bug spray. knives, 10 bullets,clothes , binocs, sleeping pad ,sleeping bag first aid kit, tape, compass, game bags( not cheeze cloth i use large cotton pillow covers. , plastic bags, cooking stove , fuel, pot, tupper wear. rain gear, hat saw and small machete, maps, shooting sticks, rope, trap wire, sling shot with 20 3/8 balls weighs in at 47 Pounds does not include my rifle -or water. i wear la Sportiva evo boots. hunt with a customized husquvarna 7mm mag 160 gr vsx bt. . this is my auct/sept and have gone lighter on several occasions but this wieght i can stretch the stay i have to. food for the trip is real tight. guareented to loose wieght picking up my jerky this week. later hunts i have to add about 6 lps a warmer sleeping bag and more food. best hunting every one.

How many rounds do people pack on sheep hunts? Including the rounds in the mag?

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    How many rounds do people pack on sheep hunts? Including the rounds in the mag?
    I usually take 13, 9 in the sleeve on my stock and 4 in the rifle, I take the same for every hunting trip.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    I usually take 13, 9 in the sleeve on my stock and 4 in the rifle, I take the same for every hunting trip.
    thanks for the input!

My pack from our 2020 trip. Pack weight going in was 63lbs (including rifle and water). Pack weight coming out was 130lbs. Camp(43lbs) + Meat (67lbs) + Horns (20lbs). Exo handled it like a champ.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmWSM View Post
    My pack from our 2020 trip. Pack weight going in was 63lbs (including rifle and water). Pack weight coming out was 130lbs. Camp(43lbs) + Meat (67lbs) + Horns (20lbs). Exo handled it like a champ.

Nice pic congrats on the ram Which bag was this.

Awesome pic!

My days of putting a 130lb pack on the ground are way past me. I'd walk until I found a hip-height stump or rock for fear I'd never get it back on my hips.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Nice pic congrats on the ram Which bag was this.
    Nice pic! Looks like an Exo 5500? Glad to hear they can haul the weight. I just picked up a 6400.
    WSSBC
    CCFR