Page 67 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: sheep pack weight ?????

Re: sheep pack weight ?????

I have two pairs of the attack pants. They are excellent. Super comfy and way more waterproof than i thought they would be. Also they have held up super well to a season of region 2 bush whacking. Only thing i would say is i usually wear size 34 pants and even though they fit me i find them a little snug so i sold them and got size 36. They are a little roomy but still a good fit. Wish they made them in a size 35!

Yep yukon jacket and pants are definitely coming.
    I have attack pants they are great and coming too. Im also a 34 but 36 fit perfect.
    Maybe i will have to look into a lighter puffy.
    Spotter first....

Why is everyone saying synthetic down?

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by Talltimber1 View Post
    Why is everyone saying synthetic down?
    If your referring to the Kelvin Lite Puffy there’s two versions a down version and a primaloft version which is not synthetic down
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Talltimber Yukon gear is fine. I run it. The pants are a bit heavy for aug but I just wear light weight long johns under them if it’s raining all day. Everyone is saying synthetic cause if you get it wet it still insulates and dries a lot quicker. I run down everything cause the weight savings. I use a arcteryx cerium 850 fill down jacket and have never got it wet under my Yukon and have hiked for days in the rain. Puffy pants and jacket I think are a must even in aug hunts for the 20oz they weigh. I had to sleep on a knoll in a swap under a siltarp this aug and it got below freezing at night. (Long story short passed a g bear a couple hundred yards before while carrying my mountain goat out at dusk and decided sleeping under the tarp with a small fire was better than being a tortilla in the tent lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    If your referring to the Kelvin Lite Puffy there’s two versions a down version and a primaloft version which is not synthetic down
    There is no such thing as "synthetic down".

A jacket insulation fill is either "down" or "synthetic".

Theres no "synthetic down". Its just confusing. That's what the guy above ya was pointing out.

It's one of those HBC things.... like when people insist saying "swarvo". Wtf is that? Short for Swarvovski? Lol

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    There is no such thing as "synthetic down".

A jacket insulation fill is either "down" or "synthetic".

Theres no "synthetic down". Its just confusing. That's what the guy above ya was pointing out.

It's one of those HBC things.... like when people insist saying "swarvo". Wtf is that? Short for Swarvovski? Lol
    your not telling me anything I don’t know, I have the Sitka Kelvin Lite Primaloft jacket, I didn’t want the (“real”) down puffy as they’re hard to dry out when wet
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Lots of puffy jackets now are down/synthetic mixes, I think that is where people are getting confused. Recently been eyeballing the Montbell Superior Down Parka, only 8.7oz! Comparatively my older Sitka Kelvin Lite (no hood, primaloft insulation) is 13oz

Ok next question.....
    Synthetic or merino wool boxers, say if you're only bringing 2 pair for a week of hiking.

Merino, or saxx, bring 3 they don’t weigh much.

Don’t under estimate how cold it will get. When I read “will I be ok with just a stany” you scared me. I think you would regret that very quickly. I would say that would be dangerous