View Poll Results: Which limited entry system do you like more?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • BC's Lottery style Draw

72 48.32%
  • Alberta's Priority based draw

77 51.68%
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: AB Vs BC Limited entry system

Re: AB Vs BC Limited entry system

[quote=GoatGuy;436037][quote=bayou;435667]
    Quote Originally Posted by GoatGuy View Post

Sightability average is 63% in the Koots I believe (Poole). Probably use somewhere between 60-65% on flights.

"IMO visual goat numbers are down in certain MUs if not by hunters what could be the cause." Could be several things. Maybe basing goat populations in some MUs on a couple of days in the bush?
    Im guessing this comment is just another of your childish digs or maybe just defining your self for i believe it was you that said you went into an area for a week and seen plenty of animals so everything is OK. In some cases people that spend a large quantity of time in an area can have some good info versious a once a year flight.You dont have to have a degree or title behind your name,but in saying that there is some very good biologists etc out there.
    Here's a good read.
    A population review of mountain goats in the Kootenay Region

Kim Poole

http://a100.gov.bc.ca/pub/acat/publi...reportId=10478

Should give you everything you're looking for.
    Thanks looks interesting but will take awhile to get through found page 18 and 24 interestung so far

Re: AB Vs BC Limited entry system

I still can't understand why the AAH is not upped on the speices that are chronicly under harvested.

If, over a period of several years, the average harvest level is still 50% of target, how then can it be "risky" to double it. Or at the very least increase it incrementily until targets are met. I beleive THAT is the job and mandate of wildlife managers.

You will always have years where everything aligns to promote a severe over or under harvest, but that's why averages are applied.

And is the ministry and it's bio's so encumbered by beuracracy, that it couldn't respond to a severe situation, in a timely fashion? Say if a new road access, severe weather and predation took a sudden toll on sheep in certain area. And again, that would have a small affect on the larger whole.

Who's the Chicken $hits?? What level do they operate at?
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.