Thread: Loading Bench Beef-up!!

Loading Bench Beef-up!!

Will, with Bear season just around the corner, and the ammo a little low from some winter practice, I thought I'd size some brass, only to descover that everytime I sized one I notice that my press was moving!! Actually the whole counter top was moving, about 1/16 to 1/8" so I did a little work on her, I sandwitched 3 pices of 1/2" plywood between 2 pieces of 1/8" X 6" x 11" steal plates, added some extra braces and and a whole lota screws!! It dosen't move anymore.......now I have to be carefull, press to hard now and i'll flip the shop!!!

Perry
    The man who smiles when things go wrong....has thought of someone to blame it on!!

Light travels faster than sound!......He looked pretty bright.....Until he spoke!!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Loading Bench Beef-up!!

Now you should be able to lift yourself off the chair!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ElkMasterC View Post
    Shot placement kills animals. Forget the magfags.
    “I hump the wild to take it all in, there is no bag limit on happiness.” ~Ted Nugent.

You should have done it right the first time, didn't your parents teach you anything.
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
    You should have done it right the first time, didn't your parents teach you anything.
    True...true Thought I had done a great job the first time, when I was at the end of the stroke, i look to the side and just happen to notice the top moving!! Lesson learned!!

Perry
    The man who smiles when things go wrong....has thought of someone to blame it on!!

Light travels faster than sound!......He looked pretty bright.....Until he spoke!!

Quote Originally Posted by .308win View Post
    True...true Thought I had done a great job the first time, when I was at the end of the stroke, i look to the side and just happen to notice the top moving!! Lesson learned!!

Perry
    This is priceless. Are you talking about your first piece of pie or a reloading bench?
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

Man.....walk right into that one!!!

Perry