Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nov 6 outing

BCHunter Guest

Nov 6 outing

well today was a good day...7 snows down and only one lost cripple. Oh and I spotted a eastern cottontail hopping by my blind..i guess the incoming tide was freaking him out! So i helped in out of there..#2's did the job

2. Site Sponsor

ex bc guide Guest

Re: Nov 6 outing

A great day for sure.
    Mike

now you guys have to go turkey hunting, if you were on the mountain with me you could of gotton some snipe to.

ex bc guide Guest

I was to be turkey hunting with Fred and your Dad this weekend but I just could not do it.
    Mike

now bc no excusses, fred made it there. i will be going up for toms in the spring. i have two german shorthairs, i wanted to go up this fall but work got in the way.

BCHunter Guest

well Ruger#1 next spring i'll come..

man am i tired...need sleep

BCHunter Guest

forgot to mention that we used small white garbage bags as decoys! they were enough to draw the geese in to atleast have a look....the last goose shot was landing in amonst them...lol

Way to go guys! I've never hunted snow geese but I've heard the bags work well and I've heard guys use cotton diapers too (won't blow away as easily).

How's the different choke tube working out Danny? Notice any difference?
    Dano
    Buddi doing what she does best!

BCHunter Guest

better...thanks for asking

Ex and i could hear the #2's hitting a few birds but nothing... the wind was off and on...I switched shells here and there to try things out.

I know what my down fall is...i stop to shoot when i'm leading. I'm working at it..lol

We perfer to use the plastic bags because it adds movement in the wind..can't wait to get out again!

You guys hunting the fields or off the dykes?I went out for duck in the marsh on sat,seen tons of snows heading to the fields.Man what a site to see.