Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sea ducks

sea ducks

how was your sea duck season. scoter numbers down a little this year on van isle from my experience.
    FULLY AUTOMATIC MANURE FLINGER

2. Site Sponsor

Re: sea ducks

Tried to get out this year but right when we had planned on going out the fog was so thick for about 10 straight days we couldnt make it happen. After that we chased geese more and then duck season ended.

Not sure about their numbers up here but it really seems like more and more guys are hunting them in washington. You see alot of limits of scoters on the washington refuge from a bunch of different guys, a couple guiding services too. 1 harli a year though compared to up here I'd say theres 100 times more guys hunting sea ducks down there then up here.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

ok, so are these scooters any good eating? Just a question that's all.
    Thatskindafunny
    patience, preperation and perseverance

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Tried to get out this year but right when we had planned on going out the fog was so thick for about 10 straight days we couldnt make it happen. After that we chased geese more and then duck season ended.

Not sure about their numbers up here but it really seems like more and more guys are hunting them in washington. You see alot of limits of scoters on the washington refuge from a bunch of different guys, a couple guiding services too. 1 harli a year though compared to up here I'd say theres 100 times more guys hunting sea ducks down there then up here.
    fog is really good if you scout them before hand. they want to land on you.

Quote Originally Posted by thatskindafunny View Post
    ok, so are these scooters any good eating? Just a question that's all.
    better than the rotten dog salmon mallards

Boil the scoter for an hour with a large rock in a big pot,after cooking for one hour discard the scoter and eat the rock!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    Boil the scoter for an hour with a large rock in a big pot,after cooking for one hour discard the scoter and eat the rock!
    Does a cream sauce go good with the rock?
    Thatskindafunny
    patience, preperation and perseverance

Murray, i think that's an old Brant recipe isn't it? K

I don't know Kelly,but Mr.Smith makes some pretty awesome Brant pies! Gunner

I didn't get out for seas ducks this year at all, with the freeze on this winter It was pretty hot for puddlers so I never bothered going off shore. Was hoping to do a bluebill hunt but this gives me a year to get things ready for next fall.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF