Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 08 Outdoors Review

Re: 08 Outdoors Review

Quote Originally Posted by whitetailsheds View Post
    Good deal, K! Need to wearing that camera for a few more of your kills....
    Yes, I could not agree more. The biggest problems are 1) With a wide angle lens, EVERYTHING looks very far away. Too far to see unless I am within Archery range. 2) I have to actually have the cam on at the time. I do try, but conditions have to be right, the planets have to be aligned just so, I have to hold my tongue just right, and I have to remember to turn the camera (it needs to be in a different position to get the view of a shot, compared to any other time)

Quote Originally Posted by SSSSter View Post
    Great video Rock Doctor. Still love that part with your daughter driving the jetboat!!

Have you ever looked into this camera? http://www.epicstealthcam.com/ It caught my eye online the other day...not sure how it compares to the ones you are using.

Cheers!
    Thanks for the link, I have not checked this one out before, but others like it. One of the ones I have now is being reviewed as "The Holy Grail" of headcams. It's very nice, remote controled, compact, light, has view screen, takes standard batteries and memory cards, waterproof. It's the only one available that records in Digital Quality (others make this claim, but in reality they convert an analog signal to digital). Another really cool feature of this cam is that I can leave the cam on all the time and it loops the memory without saving it unless I tell it to remember it. Times can be set for preferance, but basically it will keep a running memory of what is going on, but not filling the memory card. Then when something happens that I want to keep, I just tell it to "Remember" so many minutes of the past and into the future.

RD
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My outdoor vids on Youtube :
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RockDoctor07

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
    Thanks for the link, I have not checked this one out before, but others like it. One of the ones I have now is being reviewed as "The Holy Grail" of headcams. It's very nice, remote controled, compact, light, has view screen, takes standard batteries and memory cards, waterproof. It's the only one available that records in Digital Quality (others make this claim, but in reality they convert an analog signal to digital). Another really cool feature of this cam is that I can leave the cam on all the time and it loops the memory without saving it unless I tell it to remember it. Times can be set for preferance, but basically it will keep a running memory of what is going on, but not filling the memory card. Then when something happens that I want to keep, I just tell it to "Remember" so many minutes of the past and into the future.

RD
    Yikes. Those VOI-POV1's are $999 USD, eh? I do like the look of them though. Did you order yours from the US, or is there a Canuck distributor?
    "If you want to hunt beasts you don't see every day,
    You have to go places quite out-of-the-way.
    You have to go places no others can get to,
    You have to get cold and you have to get wet, too."
    - Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by SSSSter View Post
    Yikes. Those VOI-POV1's are $999 USD, eh? I do like the look of them though. Did you order yours from the US, or is there a Canuck distributor?
    Helmetcameracentral.com
    They are in stock for 549.95, and come with a free 4gb memory card.

Link
    http://shop.helmetcameracentral.com/index.html

RD
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My outdoor vids on Youtube :
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RockDoctor07

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
    I was thinking maybe "Tom Sellec" could play my part LOL

LMAO...Nice kyle....very nice.

Maybe we will finally get together for a BS this September RD!!! Every time we hit FN we are chopping at the bit to get the jet-boats in and up the river. Must be the non-stop drive from Kamloops that makes a guy just want to get er goin! Great video, see u in Septmeber(I HOPE!) RAMSHOT>