Thread: BC hunting licenece

BC hunting licenece

ok guys, im sure this has been brought up before but i have been hearing two sides to this and i'd like get an answer. if i am planning on just bow hunting do i need to get my PAL as well as my hunting licence or is that superfluous. i have neard that there is some sneaky bit of language in the terms of the hunting licence saying that you are allowed to hunt with firearms even if you dont own them which means you need your PAL.

thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: BC hunting licenece

You dont need a PAL for a bow. So just get your CORE done and your good to go. However, most instructors teach both so why not tack it on for $25 to challenge the test. Its easy if you read the book once or twice.

Quote Originally Posted by de Raaf View Post
    ok guys, im sure this has been brought up before but i have been hearing two sides to this and i'd like get an answer. if i am planning on just bow hunting do i need to get my PAL as well as my hunting licence or is that superfluous. i have neard that there is some sneaky bit of language in the terms of the hunting licence saying that you are allowed to hunt with firearms even if you dont own them which means you need your PAL.

thanks

No, You currently do not need a PAL to purchase or use a bow for hunting.

The second part of your question,
    Yes, You can hunt with a borrowed firearm that is not yours but you are required to have a valid PAL and the firearms registration certificate in order to take possession of that firearm. The borrowed firearm must be a non-restricted firearm.

i think you can use a firearm without pal. but must be under direct supervision of pal holder. like my kids.
    FULLY AUTOMATIC MANURE FLINGER

Bow Walker Guest

Yes you can bowhunt without a P.A.L.

You do need a hunting license and a species tag, though. For the license and/or tags you do need a Hunter Number - given to you after successful completion of the C.O.R.E. program. You cannot get a hunting license without a Hunter Number....nor can you purchase ammunition without said number.

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post
    ...... You cannot get a hunting license without a Hunter Number....nor can you purchase ammunition without said number.
    WTF did he say

Dan .. you are losing it ...

the first part is correct ... but
    you dont need a Hunters number to purchase ammo (ie: factory made bullets) ... you need a PAL or POL
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Bow Walker Guest

Yer right Mike - what can a guy say except "Blonde Moment", or "Short naps are wonderful, ain't they?"