Thread: UBBC Bowhunter Survey

Re: UBBC Bowhunter Survey

Quote Originally Posted by BCrams View Post
    X 2 ........
    You keep agreeing with me and people are going to start wondering

Quote Originally Posted by PGK View Post
    My added comment at the end:

3. Hunting with firearms, under any circumstances, should not be allowed during Bow Only seasons?

This question is poorly phrased an inflammatory. From this question I gather that the UBBC is trying to remove youth only seasons from overlap with bow seasons. With this I COMPLETELY disagree. The UBBC and its members should not concern themselves with issues of youth hunting, because a few dozen youth hunters in the bush during the first week of september is no excuse to complain about overlap!!
    did the survey not give 3 options to answer????

1. Yes, you agree
    2. No, you don't
    3. You somewhat agree

It's just a survey to try and obtain some information and personal opinions. Of course the questions are geared toward the bowhunting community. After all, the UBBC are bowhunters

But don't think all bowhunters are united in the idea that overlapping seasons like the youth rifle seasons should be ended. That's not the case

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Rather than hijack the thread, WHy not just complete the survey 'as is" and answer that you disagree with them? I assume you can disagree?
    Yes you can disagree.
    I was pointing out to the UBBC members on the board that I am not in favour with this question, as well as a few others which were leading, obviously pointed at eliciting the replies they wished to hear, and poorly designed. Not everyone is going to see the results of the survey, I was merely providing my feedback to UBBC members of the board publicly. Which I believe is my perogative to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    did the survey not give 3 options to answer????

1. Yes, you agree
    2. No, you don't
    3. You somewhat agree

It's just a survey to try and obtain some information and personal opinions. Of course the questions are geared toward the bowhunting community. After all, the UBBC are bowhunters

But don't think all bowhunters are united in the idea that overlapping seasons like the youth rifle seasons should be ended. That's not the case
    I answered that I completely disagree with the statement. I believe youth seasons should be allowed to overlap bow seasons where they exist.

Quote Originally Posted by PGK View Post
    I answered that I completely disagree with the statement. I believe youth seasons should be allowed to overlap bow seasons where they exist.

As did I.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    As did I.
    As did I. The question is not leading. It is quite simple and hopefully when the survey results are in this question can be put to bed among the bowhunting community once and for all. Similarly with the question about cross bows. We aren't avoiding the issues here on the contrary we are seeking input.

I hope that ONLY those who bowhunt complete the survey. Of course the results are going to be offered from that context. If the UBBC doesn't know what bowhunters think it can't advocate on their behalf. We have been accuse of not gathering the thoughts and opinions of our members and the broader bowhunting community in the past and this is an attempt to rectify that concern.

I invite anyone here to post the survey to any hunting website in the province to gather as many responses as possible from bowhunters.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

I don't think the survey will give you the results you are looking for as you have no idea who has filled it out. The survey should be sent out to only the hunters that checked the bowhunters box on their 2008 hunting licence.

Quote Originally Posted by Onesock View Post
    I don't think the survey will give you the results you are looking for as you have no idea who has filled it out. The survey should be sent out to only the hunters that checked the bowhunters box on their 2008 hunting licence.
    Well that is true , dishonest twits could pretend to be a bowhunter and bias the result. I have no doubt some will do just that too but lets let it run its course and see what comes.

If the MOE had a bow license or tag and actually tracked those names then perhaps we could have the Ministry do the survey directly! That would be awesome but don't hold yer breath!

Crap - In the Hunter Education Section Question #6 should have included an option to say that thiings are okay the way they are now. I've revised the survey but not sure if those that have already answered can go back to make that selection. Damn - sorry guys.

Quote Originally Posted by The 'Hummer' View Post
    Done. Now to get back to crankin' out some reloads.
    Ha! Yep just took my new to me Model Seven in for bedding, trigger work, and lapping of new Talleys! Mailed off my app to upgrade my PAL to include Restricted today!