Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: UBBC Bowhunter Survey

UBBC Bowhunter Survey

THIS SURVEY IS FOR BRITISH COLUMBIA'S RESIDENT BOWHUNTERS!

The United Bowhunters of BC have designed and posted a survey to gather information about bowhunters and bowhunting in BC. We will compile and analyze the results and use the aggrigated numbers to better serve our members.

The survey is anonymous and no identifying information will be published in any form. You may only complete it once, and again please do not complete it if you are not a bowhunter living in British Columbia.

PLEASE TAKE ABOUT TEN MINUTES AND COMPLETE THE SURVEY FOUND AT:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...2fgFOxUA_3d_3d

Thanks
    Last edited by The Hermit; 02-11-2009 at 04:15 PM. Reason: grammatical edit
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

2. Site Sponsor

Re: UBBC Bowhunter Survey

That survey is flawed, section 7, quos 4 and 6 need amending! Yes I left comments!
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!

Thanks Bill,

survey completed

My added comment at the end:

3. Hunting with firearms, under any circumstances, should not be allowed during Bow Only seasons?

This question is poorly phrased an inflammatory. From this question I gather that the UBBC is trying to remove youth only seasons from overlap with bow seasons. With this I COMPLETELY disagree. The UBBC and its members should not concern themselves with issues of youth hunting, because a few dozen youth hunters in the bush during the first week of september is no excuse to complain about overlap!!

Quote Originally Posted by PGK View Post

3. Hunting with firearms, under any circumstances, should not be allowed during Bow Only seasons?

This question is poorly phrased an inflammatory. From this question I gather that the UBBC is trying to remove youth only seasons from overlap with bow seasons.
    X 2 ........
    "The mountains are calling and I must go."

-- John Muir

Rather than hijack the thread, WHy not just complete the survey 'as is" and answer that you disagree with them? I assume you can disagree?
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Leading questions and throwing it out the window research combined with snowball sampling.

Too bad.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by PGK View Post

This question is poorly phrased an inflammatory. From this question I gather that the UBBC is trying to remove youth only seasons from overlap with bow seasons. With this I COMPLETELY disagree. The UBBC and its members should not concern themselves with issues of youth hunting, because a few dozen youth hunters in the bush during the first week of september is no excuse to complain about overlap!!
    The UBBC is not trying to remove youth only seasons that presently overlap or exist in a bow only season. I agree with your last statement.

In laymans terms for those who don't know what snowball sampling is:

- strong biases are the norm

For example: the questions involved are geared towards only the 'bow hunting community' and and the recruitment to the sampling are typically only their own bow hunting friends and so on (hence snowball effect)..... and subsequent biases.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go."

-- John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by GoatGuy View Post
    Leading questions and throwing it out the window research combined with snowball sampling.

Too bad.
    Couldn't afford to hire you to get the language right.
    It is a start to understanding a particular group. Bowhunters have been accused of NOT doing something (even by you). To do something, is better than to do nothing at all.

Gatehouse is right. Everyone will have their own opinion. I look forward to them stepping up and assisting in the future. Fill out the form. Let's see where it leads.