• 10ga

6 5.22%
  • 20ga

2 1.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Shotgun shell?

Re: Favorite Shotgun shell?

Wheres the 16 gauge option Now thats a real killer!

In all seriousness give me a 4 gauge punt gun strapped to a small but sturdy punt and let me scull into a mass of snows and we'll fix that population problem in no time. And since we're already doing something highly illegal I'll use old lead nuts and washer and bolts. Nothing like going to a market and picking up a mallard with a bolt stuck threw it.

Ahh I wish I was born a 150 years ago on the east coast.

Nothing wrong with any of the shells listed. Have 2 or 3 cases of 3 1/2" BB and 3-4 cases of 3" #2s. I find I use the 3" the most even for most geese as under 25-30 yards it wont matter. I also sometimes dont bring enough 3" and end up shooting 3.5" at ducks sometimes. It'll all kill them dead, thats all that matters.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Quote Originally Posted by benson View Post
    I always decoy them inside of 15 yards and shoot them with 3.5" shells!!
    Just curious, have ya ever eaten any of the birds ya shoot? Must be some real beauties eh? K

Everthing I shoot I eat how about you?

[quote=Crazy_Farmer;409329]Wheres the 16 gauge option Now thats a real killer!
    whats wrong with the 16? steels are only 25+ a box for 15/16 oz. had to go buy the kid a new 870 youth 20 ga to replace the 870 wingmaster 16 couldn't afford to feed it anymore.
    FULLY AUTOMATIC MANURE FLINGER

[quote=kyleklassen@live.ca;409348]
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Wheres the 16 gauge option Now thats a real killer!
    whats wrong with the 16? steels are only 25+ a box for 15/16 oz. had to go buy the kid a new 870 youth 20 ga to replace the 870 wingmaster 16 couldn't afford to feed it anymore.
    Yeah but lead is still real cheap Same goes for alot of that stuff. Down across the border you can find almost any shot in any gauge but up here its certainly not so.

Whats also different about our ammo prices compared to the states is something my brother brought to my attention awhile ago. Down there the price of a shell is the same no matter what size pellet aslong as its the same oz weight. Up here go to cambodia tire an its laughable how they charge 1 or 2 dollars more for each box for the bigger the size.

You're paying for the weight of all the pellets, 1 3/8oz of #2s and #BBs both weigh the same but somehow they like to charge extra for larger.
    Last edited by Crazy_Farmer; 02-11-2009 at 07:02 PM.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Quote Originally Posted by benson View Post
    Just a matter of time till someone made that comment. More shot more horsepower= lots and lots of birds, maybe I am a poor shot but I am willing to bet I shoot more ducks than you!
    You are one tuff son of a gun alright. But I think crazy farmer already had this conversation with you

Everybodies an internet legend in their own mind.....some more then others.

I'm just waiting for a thread about how "my dad can beat up your dad" that seems to be the end of all childish arguments.
    Last edited by Crazy_Farmer; 02-11-2009 at 07:08 PM.

I think he's just new and doesn't get it that nobody is really impressed with how big a shell he can shoot through his oober extreme black shotgun, or how many birds he can kill.

Some of us like hunting birds, not blasting their frickin heads off. But hey, we were all new guys with something to prove once

so not to change the subject but were does one go to try out for this team beretta.....the one thing that i have noticed about the 3.5 in shells is there is alot less cripples. i only use it on my third shot for geese and was wondering if anyone else has the same observation especially in the late season when they have a heavier coat on.....fowl

Quote Originally Posted by PGK View Post
    You are one tuff son of a gun alright. But I think crazy farmer already had this conversation with you

Who is cazy farmer? Oh yah