• 20ga

2 1.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Shotgun shell?

Re: Favorite Shotgun shell?

Quote Originally Posted by pattern master View Post
    go big or go home.with a beretta there is no recoil

You are absolutely right "Pattern" I agree!!! The more boom the better!!! its all about the kick off!!!The more shrapnel flying at those little buggars the better

Killer

Quote Originally Posted by duckkiller View Post
    You are absolutely right "Pattern" I agree!!! The more boom the better!!! its all about the kick off!!!The more shrapnel flying at those little buggars the better

Killer

I agree with Pattern and Killer, finally a couple of waterfowlers that have stepped out of the 70's and 80's and are using modern products to their advantage! I am a 67 year old waterfowler and this old dog could learn a few new tricks from these good ol' boys! We should get together and go hunting. (I will pm you guys)

Benson

Quote Originally Posted by Qwa-honn View Post
    I use both 3 and 3.5.
    Right now I have a case of T's(Fedral), BBB(kent) in 3" and 1/2 case BB and 1/2 case of 2's in 3.5's (kent,1625 fps)
    Hell Yah!! good enough for a plane, good enough for a duck!!!!

Killer

More lead is just compensating for poor shooting. There's no earthly need for a 3.5'' shell unless you're skybusting or a poor shot. In my humble, relatively inexperience opinion.

3.5" = guys who always shoot at high fliers (flock shooters)
    3" = guys who can't quite get the birds to commit to the spread - pass shooters

2 3/4" = guys who can decoy the birds inside of 15-25 yards before shooting.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go."

-- John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by PGK View Post
    More lead is just compensating for poor shooting. There's no earthly need for a 3.5'' shell unless you're skybusting or a poor shot. In my humble, relatively inexperience opinion.

Just a matter of time till someone made that comment. More shot more horsepower= lots and lots of birds, maybe I am a poor shot but I am willing to bet I shoot more ducks than you!

Quote Originally Posted by BCrams View Post
    3.5" = guys who always shoot at high fliers (flock shooters)
    3" = guys who can't quite get the birds to commit to the spread - pass shooters

2 3/4" = guys who can decoy the birds inside of 15-25 yards before shooting.

I always decoy them inside of 15 yards and shoot them with 3.5" shells!!

shoot Em In The Lips
    Beretta its not just a gun its a lifestyle!

Give me 3" "T" flying at 1450fps for the geese and 3" #2's going 1625fps for the marsh and 3" at 1625fps #4's for fields.

the size of shell means there is more shot in the air... you can skybust the EXACT same way with a 2 3/4". (a true sky buster will use a tungsten matrix or heavy shot.)

Terminal velocity ends at approx 60 yds for steel no matter if it is a 3.5" or a 2 3/4"

go to tungsten matrix now you have 90 yds of terminal velocity again in a 2 3/4" or 3.5"

Quote Originally Posted by dutchie View Post
    Give me 3" "T" flying at 1450fps for the geese and 3" #2's going 1625fps for the marsh and 3" at 1625fps #4's for fields.

the size of shell means there is more shot in the air... you can skybust the EXACT same way with a 2 3/4". (a true sky buster will use a tungsten matrix or heavy shot.)

Terminal velocity ends at approx 60 yds for steel no matter if it is a 3.5" or a 2 3/4"

go to tungsten matrix now you have 90 yds of terminal velocity again in a 2 3/4" or 3.5"
    I also heard Remington Nitro 3" in a #1 or BB are good for sky busting.