Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Columbian Blacktail sounds

Re: Columbian Blacktail sounds

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderstix
    Was it after you shot him?
    Indeed!!! He just stood there like a lawn ornament till I tagged him. Supprised he didn't spook as my young son was yelling at me to shoot him, I couldn't see it because of the fog.

But I've never heard one grunt.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Most times all you hear is bang flop
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

I've used the Whitetail fawn bleat...on Blacktails. Brings the does running like stink. Will mostly only work in any given spot just once. I've bumped a buck once in the thick stuff, sounded like a burping....but never again after that once, and never when trailing does or comming to the rattling.(which is rare, for me anyways )
    If you see it, you can hit it!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderstix
    Very interesting Rock! Today the homemade call had the does coming in like crazy but had no effect on the bucks. My grunt tube also had no effect on the bucks. The bucks were in my yard, down the street, up the street, no kidding man, it is all I can do not to get my bow out and stick one. I will post some pics soon of the monsters around here.
    I found with bleating to deer the percentage of does coming to my calls are greater, but bucks will come if the rut is starting.
    Once I had a 4 point mule deer high on this ridge , I had been calling for a few minutes when I noticed legs, I proceeded to call but he just kept walking back and fourth on this ridge but wouldn't come off. He just kept going back and forth , so I finally bleated several times very high pitch, at this point he blew right of the ridge within 20 yds of me, I was more surprised than anybody. Sure tasted good. I always try to use my own vocals in the bush and have had luck, its better when your son calls in a 3 point muley within 40 yds of you. But he still has alot to learn.