Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Turkey Hunting Course

Turkey Hunting Course

Since I get a lot of questions from new hunters about turkey hunting I thought I post that here in the “Youth and Newbies Forum”.

Turkey Hunting Course

Featuring, noted turkey hunting expert and founder of Smart Hunting Strategies
    Othmar Vohringer
    In this highly acclaimed four hour course Othmar will provide hunters with the secrets of successful hunting strategies. Hunters will learn what otherwise would take years of trial and error to accomplish.
    This is the event aspiring and experienced turkey hunters alike have been asking and waiting for.

Date: March 15
    Time: 11 am to 4pm
    Admission Price: $25 (including lunch)

The course covers the following topics:
    • Equipment Basics.
    • Patterning a Shotgun and Tune a Bow for Turkey Hunting.
    • Turkey Hunting Safety.
    • A Day in a Turkeys Life (Learn about behavior, routines and habits of turkeys)
    • Scouting. ( Learn how to read sign, topography and structures that influence turkey behavior and travel patterns.)
    • Turkey Vocalization. (Learn the meaning of the different sounds turkeys make and how to use the different sounds to coax a gobbler into your set up)
    • Calling (You will learn how to use different calls under the direct guidance of Othmar. (After the course you will be able to master all basic sounds on a turkey call.)
    • Hunting Tactics. (You will learn the tactics used by successful pros to get close the wily wild turkey.)
    After the course Othmar Vohringer will be on hand to answer questions from the hunters.

I am told the response so far is phenomenal. Interested hunters should book as soon as possible or risk to miss the chance of this rare opportunity.

For more information or to book the course contact the Nicola Valley Fish & Game Club coordinator Richard Kitsch at 250.378.4572 or by email: dick@nvfishandgameclub.ca
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

2. Site Sponsor

Bow Walker Guest

Re: Turkey Hunting Course

Othmar - I trust that you have permission from Marc to post this thread. If so, good luck with the course.

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post
    Othmar - I trust that you have permission from Marc to post this thread. If so, good luck with the course.
    Yes I did ask. I have been taught manners at a very early age.

Thanks for the wishes. The organizers have told me that people sign up like crazy and I look forward to see many hunters at this course. There will be more locations and dates coming up soon. By the way the event is a fundraiser for the club to support the many programs they have going benefiting hunters and conservation.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

I am most definitely interested in this!!!

i would like to know what makes you an expert? how does one become an expert?

Quote Originally Posted by Ddog View Post
    i would like to know what makes you an expert? how does one become an expert?
    Studying the animals and their behavior. Hunt them hard for years and keep on learning all there is to learn. Conversing with experts to exchange knowledge and learn more and when the day comes where people regularly start to contact you with questions and you get invited to give seminars and to write about it for money you’re considered an expert.

hmmm ,,, i see, . Where are your articles on turkey hunting? i would like to read some of them.
    so how many years have you been hunting turkeys, me i find turkey hunting pretty easy, big dumb bird with a bright red and blue head that gobbles at you if he is in the area. comes right in to any call i have ever done. been reading about them for years in the magazines and finally got to try it 2 yrs ago and wow what do ya know, gobble gobble gobble come strutin down the path right to the end of a shotgun. It was all i could do not to laugh at the dummies running in front of one another to get to us first. Last year it took us a whole 35 minutes to call in 2 big toms and get them both. Yup its pretty easy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddog View Post
    hmmm ,,, i see, . Where are your articles on turkey hunting? i would like to read some of them.
    so how many years have you been hunting turkeys, me i find turkey hunting pretty easy, big dumb bird with a bright red and blue head that gobbles at you if he is in the area. comes right in to any call i have ever done. been reading about them for years in the magazines and finally got to try it 2 yrs ago and wow what do ya know, gobble gobble gobble come strutin down the path right to the end of a shotgun. It was all i could do not to laugh at the dummies running in front of one another to get to us first. Last year it took us a whole 35 minutes to call in 2 big toms and get them both. Yup its pretty easy stuff.
    You will find all the answers on my website.

nope none there,
    i geuss i am almost an expert on turkeys now, i just havent been asked to speak publicly ,or write about,, but i am self proclaiming me as expert since i have only ever got to hunt them 2x and shot toms. Ask away. i can tell you anything you need to know about turkeys.

So you're not only full of it but you're blind too.