Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with the hounds

Re: Help with the hounds

i have a walker that runs with a wicked chop and really loud rumbling bugle on bears and coons but you through him on a cat track no matter how freshh he is quiet till tree, why ho knows. only dog ive ever had do this and i run my own line passed on between my buddy and i. mistery. but he trees literaly more naligably run toms faster. quiet dogs arnt that bad. you know when its treed.

Heck I'll run with your dogs and bark if it means going out for a cat hunt lol !! Been far too long since the last one.

a dog that dosnt yap till on tree isnt bad, it is some times really good. eseshally if its an older track, even say a 4 hour old track, that cat could be a ways away. alot of time that cat could put another 2-3 miles on trying to get away from that yappy dog. my buddy swares by quiet dogs. a quiet dog has no greater of a chance of getting killed by a cat then that really choppy dog.

SHAKER is offline Hound dawger reborn......

I'm going to go with Hounddogger on this one. Put bells on them and anything within a 100 yards will be able to hear them coming. But will allow them to get within that jumping distance and really finish it off quick.

i here border collies run silent and tree like heck anyone crossing them with hounds

Nait,
    You running airedales? How and when do they open up?

Spoke,

I used to run dales alongside a hound, just walkers now. Mostly they were silent as death on a track. I have one that would bay up a phesant really good though. A cat bailed from a tree and my big dale was 6' behind it and just roaring, cat found an immediate tree.

Nait